justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
What do you guys think of setting up a Heartland Spode ride at a track? If 10 or 15 of us went in it wouldn't cost anymore than riding somewhere with open practice. We also wouldn't have to put up with the motoheads.

We would just have to find a weekend with good weather? :ugg:

And pick a track....Sand Valley in Bartlesville or the track that Jay has contacts at near Muskogee?

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Sunset MX used to be located in Keifton(south of Muskogee) but has moved and is called Sunset West MX in Chacota, I-40 and Highway 69.&nbsp; The track looks pretty cool and is clearly visible from I-40.&nbsp; I'm up for a day at the track.&nbsp; MX547 would probably hate us for riding a track and him not able to participate, oh wait, he could take the vintage DP Yamaha! :p

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
the owner still has the original sunset track in keefton. he said he is unsure what he's going to do with it but might run it again. the track in checotah is closed to the public until march but i'd bet that he would rent it to us. it's a good track. i'll email him and see what he thinks.

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
I'd hate it too. Just counting the days until March... and I finally have a shiny new machine in the garage. Oh well, have fun guys!

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
I would love to do this, especially if one of the Heartland MX pros (like Jay) could work with us more spodely mx'ers on the jumps. I really need to have a little less traffic if I am going to work up the nerve to start hitting the larger jumps.

OldMaiconut

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 28, 2001
Come on Lorin... hitting them isn't the problem. It's the dang landings that you need to worry about. As to the track.... Wellston is cool, but I don't know if we could rent it.

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
sunset new or old sounds good to me. havent seen my brothers and sisters in awhile. i know we just went but i cant stop thinking of mac kenzie. keep me in mind.

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
I know Gene, we had actually talked about Lake McKenzie. It's fun riding.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
What are your plans tomorrow, justql?

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
The way my head and throat feel and as cold as it was here today I think I'll stay home. :(

You up to riding? Anyone else? I might be persuaded. ;)

Whats the temp suppose to be tommorrow?

craig_enid

Mar 23, 2000
Weatherman says cold tomorrow.
I've got #1 bike rigged up for the race next weekend, so I'll be looking for a light shake-down ride before next Saturday....

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Craig, I forgot you don't have PM's anymore. :(&nbsp;&nbsp; I'm interested if the temps are over 40 but would rather stay in if its colder than that.&nbsp; I'll watch the forecast at 10.&nbsp; I'll post back after that.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
i never received a reply from the sunset owner. i talked to the owner of hickory ridge at the state race today. he said we could rent the track for $10 each if we could guarantee at least 20 riders. the track would be prepped. for those that aren't familiar with the track, it's in warner, ok. just off I-40 in eastern ok.

what about it? enough interest?

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
When are you thinking about doing this ride, Jay?&nbsp; The Tejas guys might fill out the 20.

PS:&nbsp; Sunday, 1-26 is out, 30 degrees is below the belt cold!

Last edited:

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
I'm in as long as it fits my schedule. Which I'm sure it would.

I'd even pay a little more to keep the numbers lower.
There would probably be two of us.....

Last edited:

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
200/15 = 13.00 15 riders between heartland spodes and the NTSP shouldnt be too hard to do.

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
That looks good to me. Just gotta check with "the boss" (which in this case would be my old man). We've got TORO on Feb 15/16 so we'll have to see where the date falls. Don't count us in prematurely though, cause you just never know...

Top Bottom