RM85rider123

Oct 28, 2007
hey everybody, its been a while since i have been on here, but i am working on my friends ozark 250. The problem is it will not run without the choke on. I cleaned the carb, and blew out the jets. I am thinking there could be something wrong with the choke mechanism? I was also looking for the mixture screw, but could not find it. Earlier tonight, I found a video on youtube of a drz400 carb, and there was a piece of metal blocking off the mixture screw, that the factory put in. I am thinking this is the same story with the ozark's carb. At this point I am lost, so i could use a little help. thanks.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
What the heck is an Ozark?

Sounds to me like you need to reclean the carb, check the pit bike foru I put a link at the top to the proceedure.

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
You can (carefully) drill the plug out and get access to the screw. I did this on my street bike and on my son's KLX. The KLX had very similar problems to what you are experiencing. Before the carb work it would only start on choke and would only idle with the choke unless it was hot.... and even then it was iffy. I cleaned up the carb and jets, and richened the mixture.... it's better than new now.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Yes I know, I googled it. I was trying to point out on a dirt bike site assuming everybody will know what a specific quad is and not putting it at least in the proper (4T/2T) forum is not the best way to get help.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
2strokerfun said:
According to Mr. Google, it's a Suzuki utility ATV

I don't know about most people, but I don't have enough time to google everything that gets posted on here, so that I can offer free advice.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
IndyMX said:
I don't know about most people, but I don't have enough time to google everything that gets posted on here, so that I can offer free advice.
My point. :cool:

2strokerfun

May 19, 2006
I only googled it because I wondered if there was some chinese bike distributor using another down-home american name for a POS product.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
We can only hope.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Ah, the farm equipment forum? Better Suzuki than China I suppose, slamming the mid section? That is where my 38mm Air Stryker carb came from, farm equipment. They even have an idle screw! Imagine my surprise? I always wanted my MX bike to idle at the cross walks?

RM85rider123

Oct 28, 2007
yeah its made by suzuki, pat i put it in off-topic because it's an ATV, so my fault. Other than that, i'll pull the carb again and look at the plunger for the choke, and see if that could be the problem, or i'll just take it apart again. It has a vacuum operated gas petcock on it, could that be involved somehow?

Top Bottom