MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
What you guys think I should do? The suspenion compents are from my '01 TM 85MX. I'm going to make the bike a big wheel, the suspenion feels alittle too soft for me right now. The bike is used so i'm sure a rebuild would help. What do you think would be more cost effective in the long run, just respring it stiffer possibly up the oil rates? or go all out and revalve it as well.

First off I want to say I don't know anything about these compents really like the stock settings. The forks seem to be good but I can tell new springs are in order the forks sag alittle more than they should a good inch and half more than normal. What kind of springs come in these 43 mm paoli's? Are they straight rates? or progessive? I'm leaning towards progressive cause they settle real easy in the first few inchs of travel and stiffen up big time at the end of the stroke. Someone out there possible be able to tell me what the stock rate is? poss oil weight stock? I'm sure i'll have to bump it up a few rates.

I'm clueless on the WP shock that comes on it I haven't really looked at it but the sticker doesn't list anything like a model #. I just know its got 7 clicks comp and like 18 clicks rebound. I'm not as satisfied with the shock the valving feels good but I'm about to blow threw the travel on hard hits with ease even on the hardest comp setting. What should be a good sag setting for a big wheel 85? Someone possibly tell me the spring rate stock on the TM? That are clue me into what model of WP shock this is, I could get pics if that would help. I'm setting the bike up for full on MX to race against 125's so the suspenion is gonna have to take my 140 lbs of aggressive riding. You guys think 5.3 rear spring sound about right? I'd really appricate some feed back on where I should go with the setup thanks guys.

Joe
01 TM 85 turning into TM 100 MX'er

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Don't know anything about the 43mm Paiolis's. FWIW, I have 46mm conventional Paioli 'Blue Steel' forks on my CRE. These were revalved by Factory Connection and they are awesome - best suspension I've ever tried.

Factory Connection certainly knows there way around the bigger Paiolis. I would contact them for information and advice.

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
The 43 mm paoli's on the bike actually look like they were meant for a bigger bike just shortened in overall travel. I have to check but it even looks like there's pressed in shims in the axle clamps to reduce the size so it fits the smaller axle. Any clues on where to look on the WP shock to find a part # so can find out what shock model it is. I think some pics might be in order.

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
Id like to help but have no knowledge of TMs or paoli's or the which wp it uses.Jer is a WP guru maybe he knows better-try giving him a ring.

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
I found paioli's website and these are the forks off the TM http://www.paioli.com/products/cross/page_cross/cross.htm but I can't make out most of the info. I'm assuming that Corsa is spring rate, but I'm not used to seeing it rated in mm's. Its states 270mm's so does that make it .27 kg rate?

Found out the shock is either WP model # 3612/4681 SA - BAVP 7 click comp 11 rebound I think its the 36 mm shaft model. The spring has a # on it, possibly the rate is coded into it? it's 41 - XXXXX. I scrounged all over the net and after navigating unreadable greek sites in flash I did manage to find a owners manual in english/greek. It has an exsploded view of the fork :) but no settings just part #'s for seal/bushings.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom