Isobareng

Oct 16, 2007
Hopefully this pic posts ok. I was working out the pluses and minus to a home shop parts washer. the 3 big minuses were disposal of the old solvent, the short life span of the solvent before it get contaminated especially when cleaning bearings and the smell that would loft into my house, The pic below shows one solution to this problem. Instead of a parts washer I built a very inexpensive cleaning station. Secured to the top of an old cabinet is a full size metal drip pan with a hole near the center. (the pic shows a cork in it) Under the pan is a oil drain container. On the shelf above are one bottle of alcohol, one bottle of orderless mineral spirits, various spray cleaners, a variety of cleaning brushes, box of gloves, and a paper towel dispenser. The back splash on the wall is an old piece of vinyl For soaking smaller items a paint can filled with mineral spirits is used. I use a paint filter to clean out the soaking can once in a while to get as much life out of it as possible before I have to deal with the disposal issue.

Hope this helps the cause for a more user friendly home work shop.

D

Attachments

• DSCN1201.JPG
    DSCN1201.JPG
    74.4 KB · Views: 67
Top Bottom