Penton Owners Group plans fifth annual Penton Day at Museum

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Penton Owners Group plans fifth annual Penton Day at Museum

December 19, 2005 – The Penton Owners Group's fifth annual Penton Day at the Motorcycle Hall of Fame Museum is scheduled for Saturday, February 4, and non-members are invited to attend.

The Museum opens at 9 a.m. and the POG meeting begins at 10 a.m. In addition to the organization's annual business meeting, the event will include a guided tour of the Motocross America exhibit led by exhibit curator Ed Youngblood.

The POG will also hold a roundtable discussion of the early days of the Penton motorcycle with some of the Penton Pioneers gathered together to give their insight into this exciting time in the history of the Penton marque. Such notables as John and Jack Penton, Doug Wilford, Dave Mungenast, Al Born, Richard Sanders, Dane Leimbach and Matt Weisman are expected to participate in the discussion, which will be taped as part of the POG’s continuous effort to document the history of the brand.

Anyone else wanna go to this??

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
Penton Owners Group. Mark, you can't come any closer to home. Connie and I will be there the same as the last four years. It has also been mentioned to Woodsy about going. Bill Smith was there last year with daughter Carlie, who got to draw the names for door prizes. If there are any questions, I'll be glad to answer them.

Young Ted

katoom125

Apr 25, 2004
I've never been there - this is located in Dayton, OH. right?

Any easy directions? or should I just look it up on line?

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Directions from I-70:

I-70 to Pickerington Exit 112A (east side of Columbus)
Turn left at first intersection onto State Route 204
Turn left at second light onto Yarmouth Drive
Follow Yarmouth Drive to last driveway on the left
The AMA and Museum driveway is flanked by two brick pillars and cast-iron gates. You’ll see the bronze AMA logo on one side and the Motorcycle Hall of Fame Museum logo on the other.

katoom125

Apr 25, 2004
MWEISSEN said:
Directions from I-70:

I-70 to Pickerington Exit 112A (east side of Columbus)
Turn left at first intersection onto State Route 204
Turn left at second light onto Yarmouth Drive
Follow Yarmouth Drive to last driveway on the left
The AMA and Museum driveway is flanked by two brick pillars and cast-iron gates. You’ll see the bronze AMA logo on one side and the Motorcycle Hall of Fame Museum logo on the other.

thanks for the info and directions - I'm going to see if I can "drum up" some interest from our group to go down - heck I used to ride/race with some of those guys - plus I owned/raced those early pentons too.
Again thanks!

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
Randy - There will no doubt be a number of Pentons brought in the day of the meeting. There is a motorcycle only parking shed on the far side of the circle that we use to display these bikes. In the past, and I don't know of a change, we've had pizza and liquids brought in for lunch. It ends up being a day well spent. I will no doubt be at the check in table, or close by.

Young Ted

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Dang it, I wish Dayton wasn't sooooo far away. I would love to get inspired enough to restore my Penton.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom