Please help, i have a jetting question

kdx220freak

Registered
Aug 23, 2005
i have just a few more question that you may be able to answer.

will my bike with just the kdx200 carb be able to beat a kdx200.

Also do you think i would be able to pull wheelies in 3rd gear with the kdx220 carb? Do you think i would be able to pull wheelies with the carb i have right now in third gear. If i have new reeds a new top end and a fmf gnarly pipe?? thanks again

lepper

Mar 8, 2005
Wheelies are not a problem with either bike as long as they are jetted right. I get 4th gear wheelie without much effort. The 220 is ported a bit different than a 200 and I would think a 200 will still beat you, they are designed for more topend than a 220.

kdx220freak

Registered
Aug 23, 2005
darn, well i guess i will have to get reeds and put my pipe on then. Do you know how many mhp you can get your bike up to??? and what mods do you have??

kdx220freak

Registered
Aug 23, 2005
well, i can tell it wasnt jetted right cause i cant do wheelies in third. and thats a real nice looking bike. I hope mine looks like that when im done.

kdx220freak

Registered
Aug 23, 2005
do you think these bikes are good enough to go about 15 feet in the air with stock suspension. I only weight 135 and i am 5'9 so the stock suspension should be ok right? And what does the trailtech computer you have say your top speed was??

lepper

Mar 8, 2005
A KDX is a woods bike. Unless you really build up the suspension I wouldn't take it that high unless you have a landing ramp. I've been up to 68 MPH.... more than fast enough to kill you.

NM_KDX200

Dec 29, 2002
I can jump anything on my KDX that I can jump on the KX125, so height won't be a problem. However, it's not a jumping bike (heavier, a little harder to correct in the air, weaker suspension). You can jump and do it well, but if you're going to be jumping all the time, it's not the bike for the job.

I have a trailtech computer- with stock gearing, I'll go 68 mph. With the 13/49 (I think that's right- 13 for sure, then 2 teeth more than stock on the back), top speed is just over 60 mph. 60 is PLENTY fast, believe me. All you have to do is look down at 55 mph and think "I wonder what it would be like to scrape along the ground at this speed and I wonder if I'll hit that tree before I go over the edge of that cliff".

The first thing I do with any used bike is do the top end. Not only do I do the piston/rings, but I'm cleaning the powervalve, checking the reeds, cleaning the carb jets, etc. I want to know that everything is in specs before I go adjusting, buying, etc. Otherwise, you can waste a tremendous amount of time fussing with things that are not right. It's like trying to set your suspension when you've got a flat tire.

kdx220freak

Registered
Aug 23, 2005
well i wont be going over jumps all the time. i just built a jump and it is kinda small, but i gotta start somewere. Man i hope the motor is from a kdx220 not a kdx200.

Top Bottom