TheJunkMan

Jul 9, 2003
I just bought a Chinese knock off pocket bike for next to nothing I was just wondering if anyone else has one, and what kind it is, mine is a YongWang YW-502. I want to hop it up, it already goes about 30mph with me (160lbs) on it

sfc crash

Human Blowtorch
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 26, 2001
are those mini street bikes? i saw a street bike off in the distance and 3 cop cars around it. it was at a distance but as i got closer i could tell this was some crazy shrunken street bike on the curb in downtown beverly hills. They had 3 cop cars to pull this thing over? man, i saw the dude who musta' been riding it and it would have looked like a circus act with the shriners if this guy was running from police!

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
There was a thread about pocket bikes awhile back. It shouldn't have been more than three weeks ago.

A great website for info on them is HERE

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Guy sells ninja style 50cc here for $575

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
It's legal...... until you get caught!

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Yeah one of the guys here is selling these cheap ones for $600. Found out he was going to city and buying them for $400 and selling them to the dumb people here for $200 more. They were little 2 strokes and i guess you can figure out what happened to them after the adults started riding them all the time. They started to blow motors like the little suzuki, yamaha and ktm mini dirtbikes did. I dont know how well the top model ones will last but these cheapies dont for very long. If i remember what the brand was i'll post it.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Actually, I heard some of them can be tagged.

ScottS

Dec 29, 1999
Has anyone seen a kid ride one ? I only ever see adults on them but I would think a 5 year old could have a blast on one of those

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
If I had a 5 year old I wouldn't allow them on one of those things. They might look small and harmless, but they can be a little more than most kids could handle.

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
The ones i saw were doing 40mph down the road with a 190# rider. I wouldnt let my kid ride one (if i had a kid :) ).

TheJunkMan

Jul 9, 2003
I live in a really rual area and scooters do not need tags here I picked it up for $150 brand new cause I guess the crotch rocket style do not sell well in small town USA, the big demand is for the chopper/harley style ones. i was just curious since mine is really really cheaply built, it was mor of a novelty than anything, I think i will put a polini motor in it when the ole YONGWANG motor bites the dust.

zcookie49

Seven OUT!
Dec 21, 2000
In my state, I asked a sales man about them (because kids are riding power scooters, these bikes and knock off fitty all over the place). he said that as long as you have a license, and they are under 50cc/2.9 hp, you can ride them on streets that are posted 30 mph. anything higher than that needs lights,mirrors, tags.

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
not legal anywhere except private property here in Iowa. Sidewalks, biketrails, nope!

If a person knew of an abandoned parking lot, it would be fun to set up a course.

Top Bottom