dante101

Sep 12, 2006
Anyone in Portland ride? It's way eaiser to find Tofu beef steaks than it is
Yamalube here... I know their must be some folks going riding someplace while the weather is still good...

zero_it

~SPONSOR~
May 20, 2000
Check out the Oregon Motorcycle Riders Assn webpage. There's lots of good stuff there, including a link to all the public riding areas in the state. It's a short drive from Portland down to the Tillamook State Forest. If you're into slimy mud, then you'll be in heaven through the winter months there! It's a pretty big and fun trail system, extrmely steep in places. You can get free trail maps as some of the local businesses. Across the line in Washington you are Jones Creek and the Gifford-Pinchot National Forest. Go to the Northwest Motorcycle Assn website for info on Washinton riding areas.

Tod

~SPONSOR~
Jul 3, 2002
Unfortunately, Jones Creek get closed for the winter now.

From the Washington State Department of Natural Resources:

Winter Closure of Jones Creek Trail System
Closure from December 1 to April 30 helps to maintain trails

In order to maintain the trails and prevent erosion during the wet winter, all roads in the Yacolt Burn State Forest and its popular Jones Creek Trail System are closed to all off-road vehicles. Ungated forest roads remain open for non-ORV recreation. The trail system will reopen on May 1, 2006.

The annual closure helps to reduce water damage to the trails during the rainy winter. The closures also allow time for DNR staff and volunteers to perform maintenance and repair operations on the trails and other facilities, which can cause disruptions and unsafe conditions for visitors if undertaken during the riding season.

For more information, call Shayne Cothern at the DNR office in Castle Rock at 360-577-2025, ext. 3036.

01yz426

Nov 15, 2006
Hey I ride the tillamook forest couple times a month .Its slimey but fun also ride east a little in Estacada gonna go lookin for snow soon . My wife and son ride on 4 wheels .Browns camp has some good runs with jumps and a few wicked hills lots of options Also been to Longview only rode sand track and a few trails and believe theres more there the main track maybe open if weather has been decent.Ill ride anywhere any time let me know??????????????

Top Bottom