ron89

Aug 23, 2007
i was workin on the rm85 and i hooked the pv linkage up and i noticed that it would move up and down and didn't catch. i put the cylinder on and hooked the linkage up the powervalve on the cylinder and it pulls it right up. shouldnt it be held closed till the bike is running then it will open up?. any ideas what i should do to fix the prob??. thanks

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Shop manual would be worth it's weight in gold (or at least silver) about now huh? Sorry I'm not more help but I'm a Honda guy and I always have the book for the bike to know what I'm in for before getting in to a project.

ron89

Aug 23, 2007
ill have to look and see if i can find one online, cause my local dealer wants 40 for one.. i got it and it just needed a cylinder bore so i sent it out i am just makin sure the bottom end is good. and i hooked the pv back up and thats when i notices alot of free play..

JGrossijr

Dec 29, 2004
The linkage should be able to be moved up and down, but there should be a spring tension holding it in the down position. This will hold the power valve in the closed position fairly firmly. You can find service manuals for this bike on ebay for around $25. Here is one for $15 plus $5 shipping (click link on right) RM85 service manual

Top Bottom