Trailryder42

Feb 6, 2000
I noticed one of my riding buds had one on his YZ426 during the last Colorado Spodefest. I couldn't believe how quiet it was. If you've ever heard a stock YZ426 you know they have quite a bark. He didn't seem to be having a problem with loss of power with it but I guess only he would know.

Hick

Aug 15, 2000
FMF Q on a '01 YZF

I’ve had one on my ’01 YZF 426 since just after I bought it in late June (kept the stock header). I rode the bike several times stock and I did notice that the Q silencer seemed to hurt low end slightly. But it still revs as well, maybe even better than stock.

My bike with the “Quiet” pipe is only a little louder than a buddy’s stock ’01 520 EXC. Like Trailryder observed it is pretty quiet for a 426 pipe. It is also as large as the KTM silencer, several inches longer than any other YZF can I’ve seen. I didn’t weigh it, but if it is heavier than stock it isn’t by much, I believe I read that it is supposed to be slightly lighter than the stock YZ part.

Overall I’d say it is worth it, relatively speaking, expect to pay over $300 w/out the header. This silencer is a “USFS approved” S/A.

I have heard of people having sealing problems with the YZ/WR stock header and any FMF collector, especially on 400s (diff header diameter??), but I have had no such problems with mine.

Hope this helps.

TexKDX

~SPONSOR~
Aug 8, 1999
Originally posted by Trailryder42
I noticed one of my riding buds had one on his YZ426 during the last Colorado Spodefest. I couldn't believe how quiet it was.

TR42, riding at altitude will have a dramatic effect on the volume of a motorcycle's exhaust. I'd take a listen to one at sea level before proclaiming its virtues. Everything 4 stroke from FMF should be re-labeled "LMF" from all the ones I've heard.

Top Bottom