junkjeeps

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2001
What's the best way to clean the powervalve on a CR? I've got the cylinder off for a new piston/rings and the PV is carboned up pretty bad and it's movement is "sticky". Is it easily removeable? Is there any adjustments I would have to make if I pulled it out/reinstalled? I would like to pull it and bead blast it clean. Or is it just as easy to clean in place? One other question - How does the bearing for the PV get it's lubrication?

Mark

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Having not seen a Honda power valve, but cleaning mine on my Suzuki, I know that it really needs to come out to get it clean. Mine is in two pieces that match together and stuff gets gunked in between them. It should just come out fairly easy from the front of the motor. The vavle should have a rod that goes through it from each side. The side pivots have to come out first then the valve should slide out. But anyway, taking it out is the only way to really clean it because you already have the cylinder off, that's 3/4 of the battle.

junkjeeps

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2001
Thanks for all the advice. I took it apart today and cleaned it. The oven cleaner worked good, but it still required a little elbow grease. It was carboned up pretty bad. I got it all back together and hope to have some free time next week to finish the top end.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom