holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Ok, so I went to the Prairie Dogs GP at Glen Helen and took pics and video (and made Thumbs famous).

In this pic you can see the endurocross section. There was a alternate line around this that brought you through a tunnel barely big enough to squeeze your bars through (the rider in the foreground is taking the alterante). I took the alternate too.

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s64/crazyrussian511/1024prairie.jpg

The link below is video through the "endurocross" section. This was the +40/+50 amatuer and expert class

http://s149.photobucket.com/albums/s64/crazyrussian511/?action=view&current=MVI_0033.flv

The attached pic is DRN's own Thumbs.

Attachments

• thumbs.jpg
    thumbs.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 237

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
I was there it was rough like normal for GH. The wind blew non stop. I did 3 laps in the unclassified and then got in 4 laps in my class.

I ended up 10th in my race which was as fast as I could ride. It looks like I was about 1 minute a lap off the race winners time from my class. At 15min per lap, I'm not too far off.
My new bike is awesome. It's fun to race at speed. I felt Ok afterward, not to beat. But man have I been sore the last few days.

29 Palms should be a blast.

The March line up =
Glen Helen GP Gotter dun
Prospecors Enduro
TWMC Enduro
and 29 Palms GP

Sounds like a great month :cool:

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Our race was delayed for about twenty minutes because they were looking afor a missing rider from the Vet class. Then my row was held up an additional 5-10 minutes because the first two rows had a little trouble on the dusty uphill - apparenty the wind decided to die down and the dust stayed put, blinding everyone.

I only got two laps in - kind of disappointing because the track was starting to tack up nicely in the watered areas. I ran into problems with my bike stalling on the dusty uphill firt lap (after I thought I was going to get through) and then it pop-stalled a couple of times near the end. Maybe if it were'nt for those last two stalls, I would have squeezed through in time for a third lap (well, maybe).

Looking for the culprit later, I found it was a simple matter of poor maintenance. I'd forgotten how dusty the prior 80 mile Dove springs ride was and let the air filter go unchecked. The filter skin was nearly completely clogged - the worst I've ever seen it. It's amazing the bike even ran.

So how does a +50 rider show up at a race with a clogged filter? God only knows - maybe I got busy or Old Timers disease is setting in.

Last edited:

Top Bottom