midlifemoto

Oct 4, 2007
I need to replace the crappy worn out OEM shocks on my 78 RM 250 C2 and 79 CR 125 Elsinore, don't want to spend a ton and there doesn't seem to be a plethora of options. Anyone have experience with the Progressive shocks? thanks

2strokerfun

May 19, 2006
Progressive Suspension shocks generally get pretty good reviews. The aren't as good as Works Performance, but they are probably better than the stock shocks ever were. Careful when ordering, it looks like you may have to order the springs separate from the shock body at some places I looked at.

fatboy570

~SPONSOR~
Feb 19, 2000
I have the Progressive dual rates on my 73 MX 250 and have been well pleased with them. They were a bit stiff at first but are fine now. They are also a bit cheaper than Works

Enduro_Nut

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
I second the progressives, for the money they work ok.
I prefer either Ohlins or Progressives, the Ohlins runs almost double the price but once setup are magic. This is one area very few vintage bikes are setup properly and it makes ALOT of difference! Another very good investment is RACE TECH emulators... it makes the front end almost like a modern fork.

Pantaz

Dec 13, 2001
I'm very happy with the Progressive shocks on my 1980 RM400.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom