barryreese

Mar 6, 2002
Im a 125 beginner, 145lb MXer. I recently had a local mechanic install softer springs up front, Race Tech gold valves and revalve both ends of my O2 YZ 125 suspension. It helped but its still to harsh for me. The little to medium sized bumps still beat on me.

I am I just being to picky or do I need to take my suspension and get different valving? From what I heard quality suspension is supposed to make a night and day difference. I rode a stock YZF250 and it felt better than my mod suspension.

Oh What should I do?

Bud-Man

Dec 5, 2000
Well, the difference should be rather noticable so it sounds like somethings wrong there. I'd suggest that you first contact the mechanic and politely discuss the situation with him. It's possible that he made a mistake in assembleing the valving (we're all human) or that he simple overestimated your needs / ability. If he's a reputable mechanic he should be more than willing to work with you to get it right.

cp380sx

Jan 12, 2001
You need to find out whether your mechanic installed a single or dual stage valve stack. The dual stage is the stack I would recommend. If you are still experiencing harshness on braking bumps tell the mechanic to install the next lighter high speed stack.

The Race Tech Gold Valves are very good but the installer still needs to have some tuning knowledge. This requires feed back from you to develope the best settings for your riding style.

LEE BAXTER

~SPONSOR~
Dec 2, 2002
I would talk to Installer and see if he did something wrong. If he followed Race tech's advice then call Race Tech themselves and would think they would help you. You do not be this big by being arrognt. Iam sure they would help.

DEANSFASTWAY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 16, 2002
Maybe this thread shouldnt really be titled RACE TECH UNHAPPINESS Not to defend R/T at all as i have no relations to them but maybe it should read like MOD SUSPENSION BY LOCAL MECHANIC UNHAPPINESS . Barry :maybe your local guy could just soften them up a bit. This perdicament is sort of commonplace Not the R/T thing but your situation with the bike. Iquite often set up junior riders suspension , like when the rider gets off an 80 or 100 and on a smaller bike the reider throws it around/ but on a bigger bike its a different story. Theyre usually like 125lbs or so . Sometimes tuning can take time and more than one try : You should give your local guy another try ,just ask him to go softer and like cp 380 said espescially on LSC .When you get that front end setup just keep that throttle pinned and youll be hauling on that YZ .GOOD LUCK

Top Bottom