Waffle

Oct 19, 2004
I ordered a Russell braided steel brake line to replace the damaged line on my 04 KDX200. When I tried to install it I discovered that it was impossible for the line to make the 180 degree bend back towards the caliper from the master cylinder because the hard plastic covering was placed about 3 inches from the master cylinder end rather than the caliper end. This makes the line way to stiff to curve back and leaves about 6 inches of line exposed at the caliper.

Has anybody else run into this problem with a Russell line? I think it's defective and am planning to send it back but I don't want to cough up the postage to send the thing clear across the country if they are just going to send it back saying that's how they make them.

cb-radio

Sep 1, 2003
im interested in this question too. Anybody have any input? I just ordered a set of Russells and would like to know any problems that i might run into.

Waffle

Oct 19, 2004
I sent them (Russell) an email to the customer service address last Monday (3/7) and got the 'out of office until 3/14' reply. I tried calling the customer service dept half a dozen times over the last week but gave up each time after 10-15 minutes on hold.
I'm not very impressed with Russell. I'm sending the brake line back to them tomorrow with a note and pictures detailing the problem. Needless to say, when it comes time to replace a brake line again I'll be trying another company's product.

iamknowitall

Aug 23, 2005
All,
I have the exact same problem with the Russel Line. I was replacing another aftermarket line and am not sure of the factory routing. I cant figure out how to make the new Russel line work. Think its going back to Dennis Kirk. Any other ideas?

Waffle

Oct 19, 2004
I actually "fixed" mine. All the bending back and forth trying to get it to route right finally broke one of the shrink wrap seals on the plastic guard so I was able to slide it down the line towards the caliper end where it belongs.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom