SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
Worked for me. KW

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
Great job by Georgia's own Russell Bobbitt! Let's hope he can have another great ride today. :cool: :nod: :boss:

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
No 'offical' results yet, I read that they are having trouble sending data through their cellular connections.

I found some info at ADV Rider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5845754#post5845754 )

Polish rider Taddy Blazusiak (KTM) edged two-time winner David Knight (KTM)
by almost six minutes in the daytime lap at Red Bull Last Man Standing in
Bulcher, Texas. Ten-time national trials champion, Geoff Aaron,
(Christini), finished third, 25 minutes behind Blazusiak, and rounding out
the field (out of 100 starters) for the night session, which will go off at
5:00 p.m. Local Time. Knight and Aaron were the only riders to finish
within an hour of Blazusiak.

"To be honest, I didn't push the bike too hard," said Blazusiak. "It's very
tiring and difficult for my arms, though. I'm really tired after riding for
three hours."

"Last year was a bit easier," said Knight. "I'm totally drained but did as
well as I could. Having Taddy up front makes it more fun, to be honest.
We'll see what happens tonight."

and, later,
KNIGHT'S OUT!

David Knight has pulled off the course approximately one hour forty-five
minutes into the night race while trailing day race winner Taddy Blazusiak
by five minutes. Blazusiak now holds a 15-minute lead over Geoff Aaron,
halfway through the second and final lap.
WOW! :yikes: :ohmy:

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
No new news about the night race, until this, at: http://ktmtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=259567&st=30&#entry2142466 , a short while ago.
First-timer Taddy Blazusiak claims victory

First-timer Taddy Blazusiak claims victory and American Geoff Aaron is only other finisher.

Bulcher, Texas (December 8, 2007) – Twenty-four-year-old Taddy Blazusiak from Krakow, Poland, has dethroned two-time winner David Knight at Red Bull Last Man Standing. The KTM rider captured the daytime lap as well as the night lap. Ten-time national trials champion Geoff Aaron, from Bailey, Colorado, was the only other rider to finish both 40-mile laps at the Red River Motorcycle Trails course on the Texas/Oklahoma border.

Of the 100 starters, only Knight and Aaron joined Blazusiak in blasting off the starting line for the night race, meaning 97 riders failed to finish the first lap within one hour of the Polish rider. This year’s edition was run in chilly, overcast conditions before more than 2,500 spectators, making it the highest-attended sporting event in the history of Bulcher.

“This was a very tough race and my bike worked perfectly,” said Blazusiak, who completed the night lap in 3:37:54.. “The organizers did a great job with the course. You hit something difficult and have no time to relax afterwards. Last Man Standing and Erzberg are very similar and very physical. David and I were riding against each other in the first lap, and again in the second lap, we were really pushing each other, trading the lead several times. When I heard he pulled out, I was able to relax a little, but racing against him kept me focused, and I also had more light
from him!”

TRIALS AND NO ERROR
After suffering a mechanical failure in last year’s race, Aaron sought redemption on a Christini KTM. Starting 26th (in the second of four groups of 25 riders), he used his trials skills to quickly pass several riders who began in front of him, and ultimately became the third and final rider to make it to the night session. He kept pace with Blazusiak and Knight at the start, but lost a bit of time as the two KTM riders charged ahead. After
Knight dropped out, Aaron persevered and crossed the finish line with a time of 4:09:02 - 31 minutes behind Blazusiak.

KNIGHT'S OUT
Knight, from the Isle of Man, rode into the darkness of the second lap,battling not only the ultra-demanding course, but a respiratory infection that rendered him unable to breathe easily. An hour and 13 minutes into the night lap, the 2007 GNCC champion was forced to pull off the course when he was approximately five minutes behind Blazusiak.

RED BULL LAST MAN STANDING SCORING (MOTO FORMAT)
RIDER MOTO 1 MOTO 2 TOTAL
1) Taddy Blazusiak (POL) 1 1 2
2) Geoff Aaron (USA) 3 2 5

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom