bluefirez

Jul 20, 2006
ok i just bought this 93 suzuki rm 250. when i went to pick it up the guy told me that the last time he started it up it would start up in 1 kick. so he gets on it and it doesnt start for about 60 kicks. when it starts it sounds clean and smooth. but when he went to idol it.... it dies right down again and he couldnt start it back up for another 25 kicks. he told me it hadnt been started in 9 mionths and there was gas in the tank from way back then. so he took out the spark plug and looked at it and it looked smoked with oil dryed oon it and looked like it was shot. there is gas leaking from somewhere im not sure of right now....... i have no idea what to do or what to start doing to try and fix this bike..... anybody have any quick solutions i can start getting at? i want to try and fix this thing..... another thing is that its extremely hard for me to kick start since im only 140 pounds at 5'7........ try and help me out ill try any ideas

SoFlo

Jul 31, 2005
I would probably start with a fresh spark plug, put fresh premix in the tank, clean the carb, and make sure the airfilter is clean. That might take care of everything. If after you do that, and it still is the same deal, then we can try other things.
The leaking gas is from the floats probably.

ZOMBIE666

Mar 24, 2006
if its been sitting theres a good chance your leak is a stuck float, that would also cause the hard starting and fouling out the plug. clean the carb & replace the plug

Top Bottom