m4i2k2e2

Oct 8, 2007
today i went riding with two other guys. one had an 03 rm 125. now, i have two bike i was on my 99 cr250r and the toher guy was riding my 97 kx125. i rode the 125 for a little bit and then he offered up his 03 rm 125 so i took it for a spin. that bike put my kx to shame. the power was right there. we both have brand new tires on the rear and the kx wont come up in the sand and his will come up very easy. i guess the kx is tired. ive put about 4 hours on it since i bought it. i dont even know if i want to rebuild the kx, for some reason i dont like the way that bike feels. i was thinking about selling and buying an rm 125, it was so light and nimble and was really fun. how are those bike were there alot of problems that year? any bad things to say? and general thoughts of what i should do? thanks for any and all help.

-mike.

OriginalRider

Nov 23, 2008
The 03 was the year they made the same size radiator as the rm250 so it keeps it cooler then the older rm125's that's always a plus.Yea those rm125's made and easy 25hp when healthy and running as it should.And Suzuki changed the exhaust valve linkage system and reshaped the valves themselves for smoother power delivery and improved low-to-mid rpm power. New air ducts into the redesigned air box are a feature tested directly by the Suzuki motocross team last year, and are claimed to provide improved throttle response on the stock 2003 RM125.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom