Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Not wanting to be a part of the rumor mill, we wanted to wait to post anything about the Roncada issue until word came from Stephane himself. From his site:

-------------------------------------"
Thanks to ALL of you who have been so suppportive and understanding over the past few month, I couldn't have asked more from my fans, and I am very gratefull for having such good fans and friends. And Mickey, a rematch at MX Unleashed will only make you more pissed off, 'cause i'll kick your a$$ again

I wanted to give everyone some news about me, today is actually the first day I feel like typing anything so here I am ! Most of you know what happened to me now ( thanks to Transworld ), even though lots of people already knew they never brought up the subject, and I can never thank them enough for that. There has been lots of rumors going around as of why it happened, and I want to make things clear now. My anxiety, depression and stress where a big factor, but the biggest of all was my back pain. I was in so much pain everyday that I couldn't take it anymore, and felt like no one understood the situation. I felt like I had no way out, except one. The pressure of racing west coast was also a big weight on my shoulders as I was clearly not ready, but yet I wanted to perform and win, that's just the way I am. That was driving me crazy to tell you the thruth, and when my back got worse it made everything go downhill.

Those were the only reasons i did what I did. My girlfriend Carlie has always been there for me, and had absolutely nothing to do with what I did. She has been very strong and supportive for the past 8 months and I probably wouldn't be here today if it wasnt for her. I have heard rumors about how I did it because she cheated on me or whatever else poeple could come up with, and was blown away by them. How in the hell do they come up with stuff like that ??? Also, this was the first time I tried to commit suicide, I have never done it before as some people mentioned. I had to get that cleared up, I am tired of hearing false rumors and lies, especially about something like this. Now you all know what happened and why.

As of today, I am still fighting with severe back pain, and it has been very hard to cope with in the last 3 weeks. Going to the race last Saturday at Anaheim was a challenge, the pain was so intense i almost went to the E.R. But it was good to be there and see lots of friendly faces, and I was dying to be able to race, I miss it so much.

I have finally found a doctor that has a couple ideas of what could be wrong with my back, and I am going in today to get an epidural for a diagnostic, if it's positive, then I am a lucky man he said, as they can go in and "kill" the nerves around the L4-L5 facets, and the pain will be finally be gone and i'll be back to racing this year for sure, hopefully. So let's hope that i'll get lucky, and i'll keep you all posted, when I feel like it of course

Again, thanks a million for all your kind words and support, and I hope this post will help you all clarify what went wrong and what's going on in my life right now. Until next time, CHEERS !

-------------------------------------------------------"

Get well Stephane, a lot of people are pulling for you.

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
Well written Ron Ron. Good luck with the pain and the demons.Hope to see you back soon on the bike.

WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Jan 1, 2001
Stephan,
You know yourself the truth and dont let the tabloid rumers get to ya. Any of us that have been riding for a while know what kind of pain you say youve been experiancing, ( Im not doughting you for a second). Best wishs on the doc visit, get well soon.

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
My wife had been suffering from pretty much the same thing (L4-L5) for 9 months. 1st surgery didn't do it but this last one seems to be working (disc removal and a titanium spacer put in). She too had wished for an end :( .
If Mr. Roncada needs an excellent back doc, he can e-mail me and I'll send him the name number and address of my wifes surgeon.
Seems to me killing the nerves affected around the L4 and L5 would cause paralysis. I'm no doctor but the nerves in that area cause muscles to shrink (atrafee I think he called it) and range of motion of the legs to be reduced. I watched the calf muscle of my wifes left leg slowly move to the side of her leg before it shrunk. Get it fixed soon mr. Roncada, it won't heal itself.
Best wishes to you

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Back pain can be the worst.

When I had my problems in 2003 it started with back pain that just got worse and worse over time. I went through some similar emotions and a lot of anxiety. Not on the same level as Ron Ron I'm sure but I did have a few panic attacks and can empathize with the situation he was in.

The docs had me on so many different things and I was not sure what things were causing problems and what wasn't. I would get anxiety wondering if I missed my scheduled time to take my meds and then have anxiety that the meds were going to cause a problem.

I wish him the best and hope he ends up coming out of things happier than he ever was in the past.

Ivan

BigRedAF

Jan 9, 2005
Roncada,

I met you on a AWA flight to Pittsburg in 2003, I was an off duty pilot going out to watch the Mt. Morris race. You where very polite and gave me much of your time. As a MX fan and racer I had plenty of questions. Since then I have pulled for you simply because your a good guy. I wish you the very best and I'm sure you will succeed!

Mark

Mrs.YZ165

Sponsoring Member
Dec 20, 2004
Okie...Thank you for printing this...A lot of people don't understand chronic pain and what it can do to you. Hopefully Roncada will find the relief he needs with this doctor. I wish him the best of luck!!!

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
i had an uncle who was hurt in a construction accident that resulted in a back injury. after numerous operations and rehabs, his pain was never at a tolerable level. after all of the prescription drugs wore off due to tolerance built up after continous use, he couldnt take it anymore. he took his own life with apologies to everybody. he said he just couldnt take it anymore.

dave14

Apr 12, 2005
tu as l'air d'un mec super!! bonne chance a toi!!

dsl sa sera en français! lol car l'anglais pour moi c'est un peu sous la torture!
salut stéphane,je viens encore de regarder l'emission sur ab moteur "REVE AMERICAIN",t'est vraiment exelent tu me fait délirer tu te prend pas la téte est sa sé vraiment bien!!
j'adore ton style,tu roule vraiment fort t'est quand méme le seul pilote a avoir fait peur a "stewart" est pour sa personne ne peut en dire autant!!
j'ai lu ton message sur tes divers problémes (merci au traducteur)lol
c vraiment béte jespére que tu va tant remettre!!
en tou cas tou le monde te suporte, et méme si on ne se connait pas tu peut passer en normandie faire la féte ( 107 supermot,kart,boite...(fillesss),etc) tu sera le bien venu.(au cas ou tu serai de passage en france)

En tout cas tu est vraiment un personnage au top!!!!!!!

amicalement david!

Top Bottom