trips67

Nov 6, 2000
I was wondering what the thoughts are on different seat foam, and where to get replacement. I bought my bike used a few seasons ago, and it had the tall seat foam in it. It is very firm, and i think I want to try something different. It seams to have very little give to it. I have ridden by buddies with stock foam in it, and it seams prettty soft. Is there anything in between as far as firmness? What do most of you guys like stock height or tall? My bike is a 96 200, and I am 6 ft tall. Also where do you get replacement foam? I have found lots for the MXers, but the kdxs seem limited. Does anyone make a full replacement seat like they do for the mxers, sdg or one industries?

Thanks

aussie_ab

Jan 4, 2003
I recently purchased a ceet, seat foam from Rocky Mountain a few weeks ago. They only had the standard height available. Not sure where you can get a 'tall' one from.I will say (whether it is due to being new or not) that it does seem to be firmer than the stock seat (I am 6'1")and I'm happy with it-------best of luck ~ AB

KDXFreestyle

Damn Yankees
Nov 19, 2002
TRIPS! if you still have that tall seat foam, mabey ill buy it off of you! whats a fair price? my bike is a 2003 KDX200. I live in Massachusetts

Canadian Dave

Super Power AssClown
Apr 28, 1999
trips67 there are no ready made seats for the KDX like you would find for a mx bike. Ceet is the most popular brand of tall replacement seat foam, which is likely what you have. You might talk to the guys as Gutts, they make replacement foam as well. I know they have a web page so I'm sure if you do a search you'll find them.

If you want to experiment you might try removing your foam and drilling some holes from the bottom up being sure not to pass all the way through the foam. I'd leave at least one inch of foam at the top un touched. I expect this would help soften the foam.

You might ask KTM owners what, if anything, they do to soften their seat foam. It is very hard so if anyone has a trick for you it might well be them?

David

trips67

Nov 6, 2000
Thanks guys for the info. I will have to do some more research to wee what is available.

Kdxfreestyle - I am not sure what I am going to do yet, I may try dave's idea to soften it up. If I decide to part with it, I will let you know.

Thanks again.

Top Bottom