firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Well after Friday night's bachelorette party (not mine, heaven forbid) and a therapeutic day at the ORV park, a friend of mine asked if I would be willing to be a sober driver for a 21st birthday party. I said sure, why not, since my Saturday night's plans had been canceled. There were about 16 or so people, and one guy had rented 2 minivans to shuttle everyone around.

We started at a fairly low key bar, and then to a more popular bar downtown. At my passengers' urging (because you all know I would never have thought to do it on my own) I tested the gas pedal to make sure it was in operating condition. It was, and the Venture van surprised me as we hopped the curb and spun out down the road. We weren't 5 minutes from our starting point before we broke the van door--one guy was opening the door and hollering at people so I told him to close the door, sit down and shut up. He slammed the door so hard that it bent the door hinge and the door wouldn't close all the way. We had to take the bulb out of the dome light because with the door open it won't shut off.

It was shoulder to shoulder at the next stop and there was no dance floor so we left again for another place with live music, but it didn't seem to be a good party spot, so we moved on again.

On our way from the downtown to the valley area (about 20 minutes) we were doing 80 mph side by side down the freeway with the van doors open, passing stolen flowers back and forth from the vans, and mooning each other and passersby. I hope all the pictures turn out well. We rallied the hell out of those vans all over town, drag racing and hopping curbs. They won't power brake though. :( ABS sucks.

2 bars later we found one with a live band and large dance floor. Tha band was freaking hilarious. The lead singer was decked out in a full blown butt rock mullet and leather jacket, and singing Eminem, Usher, Nelly and other similarly enticing selections. He was actually better at that than rock though, since his version of Megadeth gave everyone a headache and his Metallica attempt fell flat. Yes, we did capture that mullet on film. Only in Spokane. :silly: One of the gentlemen ( :eek: ) was wearing a thong which he proudly displayed in the bar. Management wasn't impressed however and strongly suggested that he refrain from doing that again.

Back to the first bar, then the store for breakfast material and my friend and I cooked the drunk morons breakfast (18 eggs scrambled with ham and pepperjack cheese, one package of bacon, one package of sausage, 2 pounds of hash browns and a whole loaf of bread for toast). It was 4:30 before we got home but we were up by 11 to gear up and go to the mx track! (my first time out there since October BTW, they just re-opened for the season.)

All in all, it was one of the wildest nights I've ever had and I was stone cold sober and went to bed alone! My friend and I are forever sealed as the coolest chicks in the world to all of those guys.

sfc crash

Human Blowtorch
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 26, 2001
oh no! look, all you lil leaguers, don't try that at home! so, how much did the door cost when the van was returned?

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
No charge for the vans, one guy knew someone at the rental place. 

No more driving for me!  It's my turn to have someone drive ME around!

Lil' leaguers?  Does that mean I made the majors?

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom