will pattison

Sponsoring Member
Jul 24, 2000
i figure this is hopeless, but stranger things have happened. imho, the shoe vfx was the best helmet ever made. best fitting, best looking, and...well...best looking. the current crop of helmets with very long face gaurds just don't blow my skirt up. as far as i know, shoei isn't even making the vfx any longer, but i wonder if maybe that's just the u.s. market. so, the question:

does anyone know of any place on this planet where a brand new shoei vfx in size large can be purchased?

wp.

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
I don't think the vfx is all that. I own a Bell Moto7 and I reccommend it if you have trouble locating the vfx. The Moto7 is an excellent helmet, plus it is very light.

kawiman

Jan 25, 2001
I just got a new one two weeks ago. You can find the '01 model on close out prices at most places My new VFX-R was all but $500, got it on close out for $300 at rockymountainmc.com.

KawieKX125

~SPONSOR~
Oct 9, 2000
There are ALOT or rider replica VFX-R's on ebay for sale. I am getting on cheap. They are new and in the box. Great price. Take a look there.

But, i was not aware that the vfx-r was going out of production. I am very sad:(. I love that helmet. It is one of few that I really enjoy.

will pattison

Sponsoring Member
Jul 24, 2000
i think you guys are confusing the vfx with the current model, which is called the vfx-R. they are distinctly different. if i remember correctly, their first one was the fx, then came the vfx, which was no longer available after about 1997 or 98. the current oneal and hjc offerings look almost exactly like the vfx, but the quality of the liners is not as good in my experience.

wp.

will pattison

Sponsoring Member
Jul 24, 2000
kuz i krashed one day i wuz tryin to pick a bud lite offa the picknik table at munster and i weren't watching in fromt of me i hit a tree kind of hard and it hurt mah haid...

:scream:

taraker

Freedom Ain't Free
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
And that reminds me of the racing league I want to start.

I'm gonna call it the "Hard Liquor & Handgun Night Poker Run". You ride for 1 mile, stop for a shot of your favorite whiskey, bust off a cap and then back to racing.

Last man riding wins.

I'm still workin in the poker part............

What do ya think?

Helmets are over rated, just ask the yahoo's at the Longview race this past weekend.:confused:

KawieKX125

~SPONSOR~
Oct 9, 2000
Will, I did not know that there was a difference between the vfx and the vfx-r. Take a look on ebay though. I have seen old equipment, new for good prices.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom