So Cal - Deep Creek Enduro - Sunday, June 16th

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
Sunday, June 16th
TWMC 's 13th annual Deep Creek Enduro, Outlet Center Drive (near Barstow)

3 plus hours of nasty, tire-popping rock riding out at Stoddard. Start Time 9:00 AM.

Directions:

Take I-15 north (52 miles). Take a right on Outlet Center Drive, follow TWMC arrows to camp

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Either of you guys have the link for the .PDF newsletter?

Im trying to decided what to do with my son so I can go. If I can find somewhere to stash him for the day I will be there.

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
This is the 3rd thread on this same enduro , Thumbs put one in the enduro forum, I put one in So cal wreaking crew, and then here. Jeff the link to training wheels is

http://pw2.netcom.com/~sorudne/twmc.html

I'm in I'd like to arrive sat eve. around 7 pm. to get a littel dusk ride in and even a night ride. Anyone else up for it. Thumbs is driving in from Palm Springs Sun AM.

Eel, I though the mid summer enduros were shorter. yes?

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Dang, I wanna go, I wanna go. :confused: Forecast for Barstow is 103, which is relatively cool for that area for this time of year - but is it realistic to ride an enduro in those temps? They'll probably run the course through rock piles just to be evil.

Maybe I should just come out for the night poker run (gives me a couple of days to rig up a light to my helmet). The DS80 has a light, but I'm a little cramped on that bike. :) My daughter has a birthday party to attend on Sat. evening, so I'd have to talk her out of it (or have her leave very early).

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Originally posted by RMjeff

I have that one.... Thanks

A few weeks ago Tim M. sent out a e-mail with a link to the monthly newsletter. This made the newsletter available on the net in a .PDF format.

Thanks

Hey I am Tim M. I I didn't send and sticking newsletter :uh: How hard did you hit your head on that last crash. JK

Pvt Joker

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 29, 2002
I'm thinking about coming to watch an enduro just for the experience.

I can't decide which one. This one, the one in the Enduro forum or the one in the wrecking crew forum. :confused: :silly:

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
The Deep Creek was the shortest race of last year's season - about 35 ground miles for the Novices. Even though it was short it was still BRUTAL. Over 100 degrees and very rocky terrain. I really don't know what to expect this year since it's at a new location. I suspect it will be on the short side as they go.

*william*

Jul 5, 2000
Holeshot, I raced the RUTS dual euro scrambles last weekend in Johnson Valley/Lucerne. It was ~100° on saturday but dropped like 20° for perfect temps on Sunday. So, it's doable, just use yer hydration system AND top-off before the race.

Lets see, on Sat AM before my race, I had a big ole glass of milk, TWO gatorades, 1 cup of coffee and a small glass of juice. I drank more than half my Kamelbac (about 1/2 gal) in 33 miles. And I didn't pee 'til that night! :eek:

I've managed to barter for myself a year's worth of racing, once a month following the D37 schedule. So no can do TWMC. But you guys are doing that timekeeping stuff anyway. When you want to drag race through the dez look me up in September. :p

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom