sparkplug question, likely a simple answer

Faded

~SPONSOR~
Jan 7, 2003
Is the R6918B equivilant to a BR8EG? Same heat range, etc.?

Anyone have a part # for this plug? Seems like I remeber a buddy of mine fouled his plug his second ride out on his '02 RM and he pitched it in the trash :eek: and swapped in a BR8EG. He might want to go back and dig through the trash if they're $30/pop. :laugh:

A-RustyDemon

~SPONSOR~
Dec 9, 2002
The R6918B-8 is a Resistor type, heat rating of 8 with a special design firing tip of 0.08 mm (.032"). This info came from NGK's site.. I find it funny that they state that this plug has a specially designed firing tip ( which I take as the electrode.. cause that's where the spark originates from or fires from ) but again say it's a harmonic issue with the ground strap/prong. :think: So the BR8EG is a fine wire resistor type of the fine wire designed firing tip... I looked Suzuki just uses the plug # as it's part #

GeoffM24

~SPONSOR~
Jan 19, 2003
I read that the NGK R4118s-8 that the RM 250's used to run work very well and cost much less.

I'm going to try one next time a change my plug.

jmics19067

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
this is definately a bizarre situation. I may be too trusting but I believe that Suzuki did find some type of strange failure and had a special plug made up. Whether or not the strange failure can only occur when Travis Prastrana does one of them "Sterilizer" landings at 12,345 rpms, or something else as equally ridiciuosly remote or a particular problem that is more common for the masses I guess remains to be seen. The conflicting reports on what is going on though is very intrigueing.

I guess that Suzuki could put a manufacture's lock on a particular part that is already produced and under the contract between the factory and supplier cannot tell anyone that they are the same part. Which in my opinion is splitting legal frog hairs between corporate contract laws and deception of the buying public.

Top Bottom