tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
back to the original thread..................does that mean the kids at nascar races, mx races, or any kind of motorsports is wrong? if the kid had hearing protection and wasnt making a fuss, why worry? ive seen kids sleeping at the local dirttrack pretty much every sat night. my only beef is when your kid is doing something to curtail the activities of adults around the kid.....provided the atmosphere is predominately adult. dont expect my language to change because you brought your kid to a bar and dont expect any slack from me if your kid is running around a rated R movie. if it is a G movie i kinda expect kids and dont have a prob with it.

swift, what about my hearing? we have to ride with that loud beast. lol. im telling you i wish my cr sounded like a kdx. there would be lots less trouble. my ears would thank me.

heck my last street bike still has the stock exhaust on it...........im getting old or is that wise? kinda nice to rip down the block and nobody look up.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
During the show, the kid had this look on its face and you could tell it was uncomfortable.. Only type of racing i can think of that is as loud as this concert was is a NHRA race.. Im all for kids at races/racing/riding etc.. But an infant??

SuzookKING

~SPONSOR~
Aug 31, 2002
what happened to the day you could parent your kid without everyone wanting in on the action. When I was about 12 we were in a friend's car (his mom was driving) and she kept telling him to be quiet, he kept on doing whatever it was, she warned him and said this is it NO MORE, he slipped and WHAM it was over, she pulled to the side of the road, whipped him outta the car, yanked his britches to his knees and spanked his bare butt on the side of the road. :moon: :yeehaw: I was laughing in the back set till I got a warning, hell I know when to shut the *&#$ up, my pants & hind end remained intact. I believe in the right to spank your child, to an extent, beating till they bleed is not acceptable (Even though my dad threatened it to me when I was young, but he never carried it out) a sharp whack on the @$$ to get their attention is fine, heck there are times when I would probably wanna smack your kids butt (heck if I wanna smack him and you are there NOT smacking him, I wanna smack you as well). Every situation is different, and approach all situations with open eyes (the other parent may be lurking outta view) :eek:

Intervention should be a last resort, and for life threatening
*Michael Jackson holding an infant over a balcony, smack that dude or whatever in the head...twice......
situations (or very close to it) at the very least make sure you have enough evidence on your side for any lawsuit/criminal case that might develop due to your butting in.

I have 2 kids an 11 yr old & 9 month old, and my Father & Mother taught me how to raise those wretched creatures that you can love and wanna kill in the same breath. :scream:

end of rant

Moose95

Sponsoring Member
Mar 9, 2002
Originally posted by bclapham
this was one of my faourites from this time, any takers?

I was happy in the haze of a drunken hour
But heaven knows I'm miserable now

I was looking for a job, and then I found a job
And heaven knows I'm miserable now 

-Smiths.  Sorry B, I found this thread a little late.  Here's a question for you, do you think Morrisey is better solo?

Chief

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Aug 17, 2001
I have 2 children, 3 and 6. If they act up in public I'm not shy or ashamed about threatening them with a spanking, although at this point, it doesn't have to get that point usually. It is a last resort and I think the older they get, the less it should be used. Time out works ok or taking away priveliges.

As far as the noise goes, this sounds a little funny, but I hate it. If I expect to be at a bar or concert, I bring earplugs. same thing at work. It's amazing how much better I can hear people talk or music (even when they don't think I can) :) . I find myself a lot more relaxed with the noise filter. Also use them when I cut the grass or use the snowblower. I hate the fuzziness or ringing in my ears if I don't use them.

I don't usually need them when I'm riding, I guess the helmet helps. One exception was being stuck behind PapaKeith at Paragon. Between the noise and smoke, his starting ritual for that old(er) 500 was life-threatening :yeehaw: :)

Chief

Chief

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Aug 17, 2001
oops

The Co. I work for just purchased satellite radio programming. All I can say is 'What a relief!!!!!' Never have to hear the same song 4 times every hour. To me it's my only gripe on radio stations and an insult to intelligence.

Last edited:
Top Bottom