prindle470

Nov 12, 2007
i bought a suzuki dr350 a couple months ago, and the bike has been the best thing ever. i rode a lot when i was younger (10-15) and recently i thought it was time to get a bike a little bigger than my honda xr80r. so i got a 1998 dr350. it is a great bike, but now that i am looking at getting my motorcycle license i am looking for ways to get more power out of it. i dont care how much time i have to put into the bike, i have all winter, it is just i want to spend as little money as possible. any tips or tricks would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Isobareng

Oct 16, 2007
In asking for more power do you mean for the street portion or for the off road portion now that you will be riding on the road? simple sproket changes can bring much of what you seek before dumping the big bucks.

D

prindle470

Nov 12, 2007
it would be ideal to have more all around power, in some of the fields i ride in it would be nice to keep the top end, but the off road trail i go on now, i need as much low end as possible.

prindle470

Nov 12, 2007
i have been looking around and i see that there are big bore kits for a dr350, how much power can be gained from one of these kits if a lifted cam is installed with a 435cc kit. would they only require changing my jets. would i have to get a new carb. would the head have to be ported. i am also looking at buying a k&n air filter and modifying the exhaust.

Jan 3, 2007
prindle470, the stock exhaust is really restrictive so, try the pipe mod and a K&N filter with some jetting changes you will have more power everywhere. Also, just a Performance Cam will gain power. Its alot cheaper then the big bore and you dont need race gas.

prindle470

Nov 12, 2007
i really dont want to have to buy a new exhaust system. would it be possible for me to sawzall the pipe at the very back, take out the baffles, and weld the back on with a larger diameter hole. also, where should i look to buy a good lifted cam for a reasonable price. this is the fist time i am getting into working on a bike to gain power and i have no idea where a good place is to go for performance parts.

Jan 3, 2007
prindle470, i would strogly advise a exhaust pipe for the fact it will be quieter and possibly give you more power then what you are yalking about doing. thumperracing dose lots of good performance parts.

prindle470

Nov 12, 2007
ill have to look around for a good CHEAP pipe. i dont want to blow a couple hundred dollars on a pipe. thumper racing looks like its got it all, but i could prolly do most of the mods myself for a lot less.

jsned

~SPONSOR~
May 17, 2000
Sprockets make a huge difference on that bike. Bigger on back will give it alot morer low end and it will still have plenty of top end for feilds. Go at least 2 bigger.

Do us all a favor and dont cut the pipe. Noise sucks. And I guaranty it will NOT make the bike any faster.

Opening airbox and rejetting is easy and is gauranteed to improve the bike.

http://www.ccwn.org/Ludwig.Geromiller/motorrad/dr350e.htm

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
I have a 94 "dirt only modle" If you can find a one a TM33 mikuni is the carb to have. Jesse has a moded pipe that is cheap and not much louder than stock. www.kientech.com Jesse also has a kit with the Mikuni carb that will work on the E-start models. THe airbox mods will help you get more power. www.maximum-suzuki.com is a good forum as well. I have the airbox mod and a big gun full exhaust with the quite core and it works well and is not very loud. A ton better than stock, but it can't touch my KTM power wise.

prindle470

Nov 12, 2007
i found a good performance muffler, it was not for the bike, but i modified it, and it is perfect, not to loud, but significantly more power. tomorrow i do the airbox and air filter and the jets. im really liking how this bike is turning out.

Top Bottom