sngltrk

Apr 23, 2002
I have a 1987 Suzuki RM 125 that I am rebuilding. The bike was free to me, and is really not worth a whole lot. So, the rebuild budget is very small. If and when it's running it's just going to be a play bike. Anyhow, I need the exhaust valves and guides for this bike both right and left. What other years of RM 125 exhaust valve parts will work in this bike. I have found some parts from a 1989 RM 125 at a salvage yard near me, but I don't know if they will work. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Scott

Kornholio

Jul 11, 2001
I'm not sure on this one but they should fit. Watch out for any damage to the ones that you are buying, they had a common fault and could snap :scream: . If it is just for a play bike you could just take the valves out and make two blanking plates. You would lose btoom end power but the mid to top would still be there and the bike would run fine. :think:

shnerez420

Oct 18, 2004
Wow Kornolio, sounds interesting....
sngltrk,
I have an 88 RM125 and i have to change the ports also but I can tell you that the 87, 88, and 89 are all different... none of the parts have the same part numbers according to Suzuki...
Further, none of the heads have the same part number which leads me to beleive even more than it wont fit...
BUT, if I were you, Id buy em bc theyr prob cheap and see if you can get em to work anyway....
I dont know about closing off the valves altogether, I think it may leave too much restriction, even if just for play.
ANyhow...Keep me informed and while Im looking for mine, if I come across 87 ports, Ill let you know.
you can email me at Shnerez420 on aol

3Wheelerdude

Nov 20, 2006
I have an 88 that I bought with no exhaust power valves. The previous owner found them to expensive to replace and just welded the hole shut. Like mentionned above, the bike has no low end power, which can be scary when going up some steep hills, but works perfectly fine on mid and top revs.

Top Bottom