Synthetic Oil with Castor Oil Smell?

crwiseman

Jan 22, 2008
Is anyone aware of a synthetic 2-stroke pre-mix oil on the market that has the fragrance of the good old Blendzall castor oil? Or maybe an additive (other than add castor oil smarties)?

todd36

Sep 3, 2007
Klotz has that awesome castor smell. I used to run Maxima castor in my 125 in the early 90's it did smell good but it gummed up the powervalve system ;)

souphmars

Mar 8, 2004
to get that smell it has to have castor oil in it- maxima burns like crap, and will clog a powervalve- beanol has castor in it- klotz r-50 i believe it is smells pretty good- it doesn't smell like castor oil, it smells like a strawberry snow cone or something - y does it matter what the oil smells like?- u should hardly ever smell- unless u ride in a circle or something

OldMaiconut

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 28, 2001
Maxima Castor 927. Smells good and does NOT gum up power valves. I have run nothing else in my YZ since new. I have never seen any deposits when doing the top end. I have heard a lot of coments on clogging power valves etc., but not from people who actually run Castor927.

2strokerfun

May 19, 2006
OldMaiconut said:
Maxima Castor 927. Smells good and does NOT gum up power valves. I have run nothing else in my YZ since new. I have never seen any deposits when doing the top end. I have heard a lot of coments on clogging power valves etc., but not from people who actually run Castor927.

That's what I've been running the past year. Last time I had my cylinder off, the piston looked shiny, clean and without a drop of varnish or carbon on top.

crwiseman

Jan 22, 2008
souphmars: You would understand what sort of memories burning castor oil evokes if you grew up smelling hot Maico's, CZ's, Huskies's etc. smoking by on those endless summer days past.

Dirtvet

Jan 23, 2000
Memories? I burn 927 in my 1972 Husky CR450 now and it smells GREAT! Klotz though has a stronger aroma (more caster % I think) and does not run a clean in my 2001 Honda CR250R. The smell is one of the best experiences when you ride, besides that great 2 stroke sound. Kids nowdays have no idea.

crwiseman

Jan 22, 2008
Dirtvet: You are right, I forgot the sound. I have ridden my buddies CR450F and it sounds like it's running on compressed air. Where is the fun in that?

todd36

Sep 3, 2007
I never had a problem with Maxima 927 but I ran the Maxima castor that came in the clear bottle with the pink label. I do not think they make that anymore

souphmars

Mar 8, 2004
i know what u mean about the smell at the races. i love the smell of castor with race gas. it smells like skittles or something to me. it smells real sweet. i did not have much luck with the maxima. it made my bike smoke alot compared to mobil mx2t. now autozone quit selling mx2t around here i use yamalube 2r. i got a good deal on maxima that is why i used for a while. i know people who use it and do not have any problems out of it. i had problems from it.

Airlooped

Feb 1, 2005
oil with castor smell

Klotz has a good selection of two stroke oils. They offer genuine castor as well as synthetics with the smell added. I run their Motorcycle TechniPlate® TC-2 in my 06YZ250 and it runs clean and smells good. :ride:

Top Bottom