Tall/Soft seat foam for a 520exc

KevinB4stk

Jul 5, 2000
I'm 5'7" I ride trails and Harescrambleson a 01 520exc, I find myself sitting alot when it gets ruff and mudy. I don't realy have a problem with the stock foam, but I was thinking a Tall/Soft seat foam (If there is such a thing) with an E-rider cover might work pretty good for me.

KTM-Lew

Jan 26, 2002
I have been thinking about the same thing only I want input on the SDG seat.
It is available for around 90 bucks and its complete. Seems like a no brainer
if its any good. When I first started riding the KTM the seat seemed really hard but then I realized the seat on the ATK was probably too soft. The ATK seat is made by Guts so I guess I'm looking for something inbetween the two.

Anyone tried the SDG???

bama mike

Jul 6, 2000
try the Ktm complete seat. It is a tall seat and is not quite as firm as stock. price is between 75 and 100 depending on how well you know your dealer.

ktmwes

Sep 23, 2000
Originally posted by KevinB4stk
I'm 5'7" I ride trails and Harescrambleson a 01 520exc, I find myself sitting alot when it gets ruff and mudy. I don't realy have a problem with the stock foam, but I was thinking a Tall/Soft seat foam (If there is such a thing) with an E-rider cover might work pretty good for me.

Try the tall/hard from EE it's twice as soft as a std KTM brick, I mean seat. I'm 6' and can really tell the difference. One of my riding buddies thats about 5'8" or so rode my the KTM last weekend and loved it and said was going to order one. After getting used to a tall seat his bike (01 300 MX/C) felt like a mini bike to me.

Wes

chadrick

Jan 21, 2002
I don't know about any others but, the EE seat foam(tall) and seat cover are awesome. It's softer than stock and it also takes the tank ramp out.You'll be suprised how much further you can sit forward on the new seat.I'm six foot 190 on a 01 250 exc and my buddies five eight (190?) ON A 300 01 EXC. We both can't shut up about these seats. It is so easy to go from seated to standing you won't believe the differance.After a two hour harescramble you will thank youself for the purchase. I promise!

Top Bottom