Yoken

~SPONSOR~
Oct 18, 2001
I've read a couple of stories about riders being both upset or happy with Asterisk braces. So here is my story:

I bought a set about 9 months ago. It really felt strange the first time I wore them. I was afraid of too much restriction and I was feeling 'heavier' when walking or throwing my leg over the bike... until I started to ride...

After less than one hour, I totally forgot I was wearing braces! Now I can really squeeze the bike with comfort. No more bruises! Those braces stay in place for hours, give excellent protection against flying rocks and definitely help increase confidence.

Well...I probably had a bit too much confidence last month...as I went down pretty heavily. I landed short and sideways on a little double in a turn and went over the bar...

When I came back to my car (with a bad sprain at my wrist), I knew the day was over. I removed my braces and noticed that one of them was broken. One of the plastic buckles cam off the rivet.

A few days later, I contacted Asterisk to purchase a couple of spare buckles and explained them that I could install a rivet myself. They requested however that I return the brace for inspection and that they would call me back with a cost estimate for the repair. So I shipped my left brace over to CA for about $16. And two weeks later, it came back to me, fully repaired... at no charge...

So what do I think of Asterisk and their braces?

- they fit well... if you take the time to adjust them properly. Do that at home, relax, and not at the track while your buddy warms up his engine!

- they saved my knee from a pretty bad sprain or maybe worst,
- The service was straightforward and more than reasonable,
- It makes me ride with comfort and confidence (sometimes a bit too much...),
- Do they tear my pants? Yes, a little. I do a lot more damage when I wreck though,
- Do they tear graphics? yes, a little bit too. But not more than roost from the guys in front of me.
- Do they wear? Yes, just like anything else we wear to ride. By the way, aren't we supposed to buy a new helmet every time our head hit the ground?

The funny thing is that I tried to ride without them last weekend. I felt unsafe and "naked" on the bike. I can't ride without them anymore.

As far as I am concerned, that's 500+ bucks well spent.

Just my story,
Yoken

BillyWho

Sir-Breaks-Alot
Mar 22, 2001
Yoken said:
I've read a couple of stories about riders being both upset or happy with Asterisk braces. So here is my story:

I bought a set about 9 months ago. It really felt strange the first time I wore them. I was afraid of too much restriction and I was feeling 'heavier' when walking or throwing my leg over the bike... until I started to ride...

After less than one hour, I totally forgot I was wearing braces! Now I can really squeeze the bike with comfort. No more bruises! Those braces stay in place for hours, give excellent protection against flying rocks and definitely help increase confidence.

Well...I probably had a bit too much confidence last month...as I went down pretty heavily. I landed short and sideways on a little double in a turn and went over the bar...

When I came back to my car (with a bad sprain at my wrist), I knew the day was over. I removed my braces and noticed that one of them was broken. One of the plastic buckles cam off the rivet.

A few days later, I contacted Asterisk to purchase a couple of spare buckles and explained them that I could install a rivet myself. They requested however that I return the brace for inspection and that they would call me back with a cost estimate for the repair. So I shipped my left brace over to CA for about $16. And two weeks later, it came back to me, fully repaired... at no charge...

So what do I think of Asterisk and their braces?

- they fit well... if you take the time to adjust them properly. Do that at home, relax, and not at the track while your buddy warms up his engine!

- they saved my knee from a pretty bad sprain or maybe worst,
- The service was straightforward and more than reasonable,
- It makes me ride with comfort and confidence (sometimes a bit too much...),
- Do they tear my pants? Yes, a little. I do a lot more damage when I wreck though,
- Do they tear graphics? yes, a little bit too. But not more than roost from the guys in front of me.
- Do they wear? Yes, just like anything else we wear to ride. By the way, aren't we supposed to buy a new helmet every time our head hit the ground?

The funny thing is that I tried to ride without them last weekend. I felt unsafe and "naked" on the bike. I can't ride without them anymore.

As far as I am concerned, that's 500+ bucks well spent.

Just my story,
Yoken

Cool, glad you like them, I too can not ride without braces, haven't for 17 years and I'm I don't ever plan to lol.

Angel

Oct 11, 2004
I injure the tie of my left knee 2 weeks ago. Last week I bought a pair of Asterisk. I was thinking about it from several months ago, but I wasn't sure to buy them.

I was riding last saturday and yesterday (when my knee is not still recovered), but it could be possible thanks to Asterisk braces.

Now I'm completely sure that to buy Asterisk braces has been very good money spent and I'm very happy with them.

Like other riders, I wasn't feel well with braces at first time, I felt very strange, but in 2 seasons you forget you wear them.

The only problem seems to be in future when I will have or need some parts or repair something, because, here, in Spain, I think it is not any service for this brand (I only know 1 shop who sale them but they haven't spare parts). Do you know something about it, Bill? (Shipping charges to you are very expensive from here).

dcwilson

Mar 22, 2002
Similar experience with asterisk. I broke the frame on one of my braces in a crash...No damage to my knee! I sent my brace in on tuesday and got it back on Friday...Incredible! You guys at Asterisk ROCK!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom