Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
I guess nobody in that video knows how to "top" a hillclimb, LMAO!

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
Hilarious video. I really got a kick out of it.

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
... always hopeful, yet discontent.
He knows changes aren't permanent, but change is!

I'll check that mullet video shortly. Mullets rock!

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
the Eel said:
... always hopeful, yet discontent.
He knows changes aren't permanent, but change is!

Nice quote!

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
( : Yup - I've been on a frenzy lately with all the good stuff going on with them and I noticed your quote. They are apparently coming back thru my area later this year. I'm there. My all-time favorite band. Awesome.

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Don't miss it. The show is above and beyond anything I've ever seen. Keep a close eye on the background screen, lots of fun things going on there. Those guys are still on it full throttle. Amazing for their age! If you are a reader, Neil Peart has written a few books, my favorite being "Ghost Rider". It's highly inspirational and changed my life in many ways. Neil lost his daughter and his wife within a short time, and basically went out on a soul search on a BMW bike. Awesome read.

I have "Traveling Music" (the soundtrack to my life and times) in my clutches now, however, I haven't had the time to make it too far into the book.

Catch the spirit, catch the spit!

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
My favorites are Different Stages live, and Rush in Rio live. Exit Stage Left was my first live album. Awesome stuff, with some cool bonuses. There is a Rush in Rio DVD that is absolutely amazing. The fans in Brazil are WAY into the whole experience.

As much as I appreciate the studio albums, the live thing is just so much better. Squeaky and I just saw them at the Tweeter Center near Boston in June on the Snakes and Arrows tour, once again, perfect. I was shocked, they actually pulled one out of their not so old archive and played Witch Hunt from the Moving Pictures album. I still get chills ... Of course, 2112, and Cygnus, Spirit of Radio and all the classics came out, as well as (it would be blasphemy to not do it) Tom Sawyer. The Snakes and Arrows album shows a different side of the band, seemingly sliding into a more perspective outlook on the world. Nonetheless, Neil continues to write brilliant lyrics, while Geddy and Alex put together some of the most awe inspiring music to back it up. ROCK ON RUSH!

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
I hear ya all the way. The Exit Stage Left concert on Laserdisc (remember that?) was my first intro to them - awesome concert.

I've seen the Power Windows, Hold Your Fire, Roll the Bones, Counterparts, Test for Echo, R30 and Snakes and Arrows tours. R30 was phenomenal - Snakes and Arrows is as well. We saw both at the Hollywood Bowl. I look forward to seeing S&A here in WA.

I've read on the message boards that they may be writing new material on the road. How awesome would that be !

Scotter - wut up dogg ? :cool: Cygnus X-1 rules.

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Snug Harbor Bones? Who, in the flying *&^% is that? :rotfl: Let me know when they are selling out big venues, perhaps I'll take the time to decline to go see them? :coocoo:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom