yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
So how'd all yall do? Psycho? DA? Anybody else out there? I know Matt is on the injured reserve, and Txbigguy is doin other races, but I'm interested to hear Twinkie's excuse. Oh, and Jeff was having bike problems, plus the week he had, I don't blame you one bit for not racin man.

Pulled a second place start, my best ever by far and was first within half a mile. Actually led my class for about 5 miles. . I was less than 20 seconds behind first after the first lap, and less than a minute down after the second one. Then on the third lap I finally had my crash. Wasn't bad or anything, but when I got up, I realized I had no clutch!!! I finished that lap, about 4 and a half minutes down, still in 5th place though. However, a little more than half way through my last lap my clutch was completely shot, and as I was pulling off the track I ran out of gas. I had to get a tow back to the truck. Oh well, at least I proved to myself that I can hang with the big dogs in my class now, which is a little personal victory of mine. Oh, and I still ended up finishing 7th, not too shabby. (sorry, I copied and pasted this out of another thread)

So, all yall better watch out, I'm gettin faster and the finishes seem to be getting better if I can get past the bike probs. :yeehaw:

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
I had family commitments (youngest earned a yellow belt, BD parties, etc). I'll miss the second race for the same reason. Looks like the third race will be my first for the season. I can't wait! :)

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Awesome, see ya at Brian's!

darnjr

Jul 5, 2001
I finished 8th after several crashes in my first race as an Intermediate. I couldn't believe how relieved I was when I saw YZguy FINALLY put out the white flag. It was the race that wouldn't end.
I may not make it out to the rest of the TORO races. I've done 33 Cross Country races in the past 19 months so I'm thinking I might take a little break and get ready for the arrival of kid #3 in 4 months.
Ya'll have fun.
DA

psycho

King Rot-Gut
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2000
Wasn't able to make it either... Looks like #3 will be the first for me. Have too much going on here at work right now.. Which is good considering the alternatives. Hope to see ya'll at #3.

Top Bottom