TTR125LE and ASV clutch lever install problems

tnrider

Sponsoring Member
Jun 8, 2003
I need to dip into the drn knowledge base again...

I was installing asv shorty levers on my wife's ttr125le (2003) today. Front brake lever was no problem, however work came to a grinding halt when I looked at the clutch assembly. The stock assembly has a clutch cable and another cable while the asv assembly that my dealer supplied (CBF35-B) only expects the clutch cable.

I did not find any mention of this "other" cable in my shop manual. however, i did find it on the yamaha online parts manual. they called it a switch, but no info what it is a switch for... :bang:

thus, i am digging for advice from fellow drn's... anyone know what this switch is for - is it necessary. is there another asv model that is for this bike (with the switch). please take a look at the attachment and HELP...

Last edited:

tnrider

Sponsoring Member
Jun 8, 2003
This is the diagram from the yamaha online manual and a photo showing the cable/switch and the stock lever.

Attachments

• TTR125LE_ClutchAssembly03.pdf
    18.7 KB · Views: 164
  • TTR125LE_ClutchAssembly01.pdf
    57.6 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
B

biglou

It's the clutch safety switch. It activates so the starter won't engage unless the clutch is pulled in. You can remove the switch and jump the two wires if you want, but be aware that the starter will engage any time the button is pushed after you do that.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom