Jun 5, 2008
I need some help, should i get a ttr230 or a mx bike money is also a factor and i dont really want to do a yearly rebuild on a 2 stroke so will you guys please help me decide. Thanks

danielson603

May 6, 2008
i just bought my first bike ever and i was contemplating the ttr 230 but went for the yz250f instead the first week i had the bike i was in the hospital with a bad ankle sprain but that was only because i got cocky i dont know if u have ridden before or not but like i said i just bought the bike in the end of may and this weekend was hitting a step up with a 40 foot gap so it all depends on your riding type my yz250f has more power than i can handle and is low maitnence compared to the 2 strokes but it was almost double the price of the ttr230

eddie1

Oct 17, 2007
don't get the ttr230....I bought one for my first real bike and within mabe 2 months it was like a childs toy to me.....go for the mx and take it slow and get use to it you'll regret the ttr230 unless you ride pure trails

rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
danielson603: If you had tried that jump on a ttr-230 you would probably be suffering from a lot more than just an ankle sprain. The TTR bikes do not have the suspension for a MX track.

3rd infantry 101: The frequent top end rebuilds are not limited to 2 strokes, they are a high performance engine requirement. A four stroke MX bike requires them just like the 2 stroke MX bikes. Rebuilding a four stroke is a lot more work than a two stroke.

I noticed in your profile that a) you are 16, and b) your intention is to jump. This tells me that a TTR bike would be a terrible choice for you.

This thread should get moved to the "what bike do I get" forum, you will get better help there. Fill out the "sticky" at the top of the forum so that we know more about you. Bsaed on what I know now I would say that a ten year old 125cc two stroke would be a good bike for you.

Rod

Top Bottom