Two Stroke Oil VS Carbon Deposits

lpracing77

~SPONSOR~
May 28, 2002
What two stroke premix oils leave very little deposits and which one's should not be used with bikes with "power valves", has anyone had good "clean" results with any perticular oil and which oils should we stay away from to keep these valve working properly.

Randy K

Sep 20, 2000
A recommendation to all is the new Mobil 1 synthetic 2 stroke oil. I suffered from spooge on my '94 KDX with every brand I've tried (spectro, bel-ray, maxima (and other decent brands)), but not with the Mobil 1 (All at 40:1). My friend Bob told me about it after becoming spooge-less on his KTM 300. It is $2.99 per pint at Auto Zone, so it is cheaper than most brands that aren't even synthetic. BTW, I've never had more than minimal deposits with any brand. As long as you are jetted properly, today's oils are all pretty good.

Braahp

~SPONSOR~
Jan 20, 2001
I've tried all the major brands over the years and Amsoil runs cleanest by far. Stay away from oils like Maxima castor 927, etc. Major deposits.

GREENHORNET

~SPONSOR~
Jan 20, 2003
I've tried yamalube -don't like it- i just found out about AMS oil 2000 Race seires fully synethic. I'm going to have my KIPS cleaned and i'll see what the yamalube has done

lpracing77

~SPONSOR~
May 28, 2002
Thanks guys,
I will look into the Synthetic oil route. Mobile 1 maybe a good choice because of availability. No matter where you are you can find a place that sells Mobile 1. I do love the smell of castor oil and still use it in my CCM's but haven’t used it in a two stroke since the seventies. Dose any one else have input? Thanks - Lloyd

RJ-KDX

~SPONSOR~
Aug 12, 2002
Originally posted by Braahp
I've tried all the major brands over the years and Amsoil runs cleanest by far. Stay away from oils like Maxima castor 927, etc. Major deposits.

I would have to third this comment. The S2000 is great stuff.

Dirtvet

Jan 23, 2000
My experience:

Cleanest: Motul 800, followed by Silkolene, then Mobil and Maxima M

Dirtiest: Klotz (by far), Maxima 927

Best aroma (the most important consideration since even the dirtiest is not that bad): Klotz

The winner: Klotz

You have to replace the piston / rings ANYWAY well before things get junked up. Does anybody agree with me here?

andy jackson

Jul 8, 2002
i have a 2002 kdx200,have just had top end stripped by mechanic.It was spotlessly clean still.Ive been running castrol tts at 40:1 , but using race gas.race gas is very clean burning , plus more power.

RJ-KDX

~SPONSOR~
Aug 12, 2002
Originally posted by andy jackson
, but using race gas.race gas is very clean burning , plus more power.

Be careful of what you say Mr. Jackson. Race gas is a very volitale(sp) subject, no pun intended. :laugh:

RJ-KDX

~SPONSOR~
Aug 12, 2002
Originally posted by Braahp
Ahhhh......the misconceptions. Did you know most race fuel is leaded? Thats how they get the higher octane numbers.

Yes I did. I run 100 octane all the time in mine. Too many people have told me that I am wasting my money on race gas, since you won't notice it unless you are running a milled head and high compression.

Rrrriigghhtt........(in Dr. Evil tone) :laugh: :laugh:

Top Bottom