Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
I can't believe how fast this year has flown by. I'm so looking forward to my 3rd DW but I'm nothing like ready for it. Of coarse I can probably get ready in about 15 minutes :laugh:

Aside from basic packing I still need to put tires on the RV and replace the airbags in the front, I noticed tonight that I didn't put on the new registration sticker I bought in July. Probably help if I put in some propane too. Also noticed the inspection has been out since March :bang: I use that thing almost every weekend so I guess I've been lucky but with all the "heat" in attendance, I guess I had better make it legal.

At least both our bikes are running good, I still need to p/u a tire for mine since there are no parts at the track this year. Also need to stock-pile fuel & oil.

Is DW sneaking up on anyone else this year?

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
I've had all sorts of trailer "mods" in mind that I wanted completed for DW but so far not getting very far. I also have some routine RV maintenance to get done before we venture on that big of a hike so the next few weeks are going to be very busy. All that being said it's hard to say it is "sneaking" up on us since every other day LazyBoy asks if we are ready or supplies me with another list of things to double check.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
It has definitely snuck up on me this year...we're leaving 2 weeks from tomorrow already! I can't believe it...it seems every day I think of something to add to the list of either things to buy, things to fix, or things to pack!

Only 10 working days left!!! :aj:

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
Sneaking up, no way! I have my bike all ready to go. Been putting on new parts and cleaning/polishing for the past couple of weeks! I even have my once-a-year rear tire put on, and ready to go!

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Jeff Gilbert said:
Is DW sneaking up on anyone else this year?

You know, in many ways it is funny that I never really stopped thinking about DW this year, but still have many things to DO to wrap up preparations.

• The suspension for my 200 is somewhere between here and MX-Tech,
  • my seat needs to be cut and recovered,
  • the oil need to be changed on the 400,
  • all bikes need a good general cleaning
  • air filters ....

It could go on forever probably, but the important things are getting done.

I have secured two WOK style cookers and will attempt to score a griddle today as well. We are gonna eat well cuz the guy loaning me the cooking gear is a big ol' teddy bear like PK and has told me about some great recipes that I need to try. :yeehaw:

The parts of the shower are scattered around the house and yard, but I think I know where most of them are. There is always Lowe's anyway!

The canopy and tent are ready to load. If I could find a quiet generator, we could have AC in the tent. :yeehaw:

You know it really is true ...

Anonymous said:
It doesn't cost any more to go first class,
You just can't go as often or stay as long.

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Trailer lights and wiring are all up to snuff.
Cut the expanded metal (it was shot) deck off and replaced with a nice sheet of CDX, freshly painted by none other than Squeaks (she only managed to get a little paint on herself)
Bikes all ready to go, except for numbers.
Going through gear bags this week.

Aside from packing, we are ready to go!!

Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Rooster said:
Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

9 Working days to go... :yeehaw: :yeehaw: :aj: :aj:

I can't believe how fast it got here this year...I'm so excited I can barely contain myself and I by far cannot even begin to concentrate on working!

DougRoost

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2001
Stan_Flemmings said:
Sneaking up, no way! I have my bike all ready to go. Been putting on new parts and cleaning/polishing for the past couple of weeks! I even have my once-a-year rear tire put on, and ready to go!

You put a new tire on every year??? :laugh:

Top Bottom