Big Tuna

Nov 29, 2000
I was just reading through a DB magazine and I came across a section on some of the hall of famer bikes. There were a couple of bikes in there,'66 Husky 250 cross and '71 Maico MC 250 were two of them, that made me cringe when I saw them. You vintage boys are even tougher than I thought. There looked to be a pretty good gap between the seat and the gas tank that could swallow your nards whole:scream:

txvintage

Sponsoring Member
Apr 20, 2001
Heck, the 4 inches of rear suspension and 7 inches of front fork travel soak it right up:eek:

That "bar" between the seat and the tank on the nice Yamaha is the end of the tank strap. It's a nice benign leather strap.

Dr.billZ

May 15, 2000
You weren't suppose to move off the seat ! :) Times sure have changed. Most of the the time you had your weight WAY FAR BACK to keep the rear end on the ground. Endos were very common back then. You hit a square edged bump and you were doing a front wheel wheelie. We sat so far back that nobody EVER thought about sitting forward......hence the gaps between the seat and tank.

Big Tuna

Nov 29, 2000
Coming up short must have had a whole different meaning back then:eek:
I think I would have stuffed a shirt, towel, or something in my pants to ease the blow when things did go wrong. ;)

Top Bottom