Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
After cleaning air filters, installing handguards, and numbers, I noticed a small puddle under my dad's XR. What's that? Not gas, not oil, not water. Is that... Shock oil? Uh oh. Now the bike is leaking puddles. So here we are, a few weeks before dirtweek, and at the rate of this leak, the shock oil will be all gone by tomorrow night--just sitting there. Does anyone know of a quick turnaround shock repair place around D/FW? Otherwise, all races, and ever fast trailrides will be out of the question. We really need to get this fixed to make DW a pleasurable experience. Anyone Know of a place?

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Not sure on the XR but my kids did the same on his YZ and it actually turned out to be the oil from the air filter after he cleaned it and re-oiled. It dripped across the rear shock making me think it was the shock leaking but thankfully it wasn't. Just a thought! Good luck
Elk

Oct 10, 2000
I just sent my front forks out to get rebuilt at a full service Susp. company, they are 2 days out right now and they do real good work. I think a full rear shock rebuild is about 80 bucks but am not sure. If you want more info PM me.
Sorry to hear about your luck!

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
Unfortunately, that's not the problem. It's definately the shock. DirtWeek won't be much fun if we don't get it fixed fast :( :whiner:

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
MX-Tech Associate in Lafayette, La

Straight-Line Suspension
Shane "Shaggy" Baronet
337-291-2887

Also, he's a fellow DRNer and his screen name is Shaggy829. Very helpful and competent fellow. And we are losing him down here.... he will be moving to the Tyler area in a few weeks but I will still send all my stuff to him. Tell him what's up! He should be going to Tyler next weekend for the Pro-Challenge so maybe you can work something out!

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
And if worse comes to worse.... I will have an extra bike around as well. As long as I know who is on it and all the usual borrowing dirt bike etiquette is applied, you are welcome to ride it. Not an XR, but a 99 CR 125. It needs tires, which I may have remedied by then, but otherwise the bike is in pretty darn good shape.

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
I've had that happen too, I see a puddle, and my heart just sinks. Then I look up and it's on the swingarm, and all over the rear shock. :( No I'm feeling way bad, until I notice this nice big drop hanging off the airbox drain!!!!! Woohoo! Get a rag and have a celevbratory bafley pop!

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Get a rag and have a celevbratory bafley pop!
barley pop? "Stan" can't even drive yet dewd :confused:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Then how bout a Shark Popsicle?:)

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
Originally posted by Okie

barley pop? "Stan" can't even drive yet dewd :confused:

Can too :moon:

Thanks for all the help, guys. My dad called LCS, they should have it back by Friday. Dirt Week, here we come :)

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
:thumb:

Grady

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
Yes LCS does seem like a great group of folks, not sure who I was dealing with but I was able to drop the shock off @ lunch today, to get a new seal and revalved also, so hopefully it will handle better!

Was discussing prices with the guy, and he gave me a Summer special that I did not even know about on the revalve :yeehaw: and the seal will be only extra $ for the part, no labor $.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom