Tree

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 26, 2000
Excuses for missing DW from Cali.

With all this talk about the DW numbers being down and people dropping out for this week I threw together a top ten (11) list of excuses from California.

10. Gas is too expensive
9.I can’t take the kids out of school for that long
8. I can’t get out of work (too busy, no more vacation, etc)
7. I need to get my bike fixed
6. I’m injured
5. Everyone else from my area is flaking out too
4. I’m not a competitive rider (i.e. I’m slow and don’t like crowds)
3. The bugs are too big in OK :yikes:
2. Kennedy Meadows, Reno, and Dirt Week, I can only go to one or two each year.
1. If the guys from Cali don’t show up the Texas guys might be able to win something for a change. :rotfl:
1. Why travel that far when everybody knows the best riding is in California anyway. :laugh:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
4. I’m not a competitive rider (i.e. I’m slow ....)
Man, you just described 95.8% of us.

Why travel that far when everybody knows the best riding is in California anyway.
I suppose that could be true, but it's Cali. :rotfl:

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
we have seen alot less traveling this season. Riders are staying closer to home and not going across the state. Gas prices are have alot of affect on racing.

wardy

WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Jan 1, 2001
For the weekly races I could maybe see the gas thing.It adds up after a while. But for once a year, so it costs me 30 or 40 more bucks. Thats not gonna make me stay home from a fun vacation.

Senior KX Rider

Super Power AssClown
Nov 9, 1999
Eric and I were at the 1st MWSF in 00 and when we hit Cooperland this time it will be number 4 for us. We had every intention of making the one we did not make it to. Things got crazy at work in areas I am responsible for and had to bail on that year. I wish I could say that if those conditions came up again that I would go riding but it doesn't work that way. There are many reasons that come up that would stop people from traveling that distance to play in the dirt(my wife still can't believe I do it)Going to miss the ones that aren't coming but there will be a lot of new people to meet and get to know.

I'm hoping to meet that guy they call Gomer this year :rotfl:

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Tree said:
1. Why travel that far when everybody knows the best riding is in California anyway. :laugh:

For those of us in California, pretty soon we will have to travel that far just to ride!!!!! Damn EnviroNAZI's :bang: :bang:

There ain't no stickin lame ass work excuse keepin me out.

Screw gas prices, Eat Top Ramen for a month and suck it up.

My buddies not going whah whah whah , ( Who would want to spend 19 hours in a truck with Bundys stinky exhaust pipe, Thumbs always wants to snuggle and Elk well [censored] this is a family forum.) :p

Nope for me, the one excuse I couldn't get out of was my sister had to go and plan here wedding on the Moto Saturday. And of course she insisted I be there, she made my wife a bridesmaid and my kids ring holders.

Can't we get Dirteek on the National Calender so other people quit trying to ruin it by scheduleing these trival "other" must do items.

Come on Okie what do ya say.

Someone throw a spider in Elks bunk for me please. I'll be there to earn another concussion in 05 :aj:

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
I have progressively gotten burnt out on the dirt bike thing in the last couple of years, riding on a track or trail maybe every month or two, and then for only a short time...then i'd load up and go home.

That being said, the idea of NOT attending dirt week never even crossed my mind! It's just too much fun!

Heck, just the camp fires and sleeping in a tent for a week make it worthwhile.

Actually, the best part is when the generators on the RV's finally shut off... :)

Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
Okiewan said:
I gotta have a fan or I don't sleep!

....that's funny, I think I remember Scooter saying something about only needing the fans the night of the chili cookoff...... :yikes:

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
I have always wanted to attend DW but work always stops me. I have to be there for end of quarter closings. Now this year we are part of a public company which must meet new guide lines set up by our wonderful government. If anybody is dealing with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act you will know where im coming from.

As always I wish all of you attendees a safe and fun trip.

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
MrMXer327 said:
Well Jared and I are in.... I know RV said something about possibly hooking up as well.

Count on it Steve. Connor is looking forward to riding with Jared :cool:

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
you get a special free pass on the generator, Okie...maybe my next career will be engineering exhaust for generators. I can just hear the boss now..."your design is great but way too expensive".

Last year there was one night when we had to practically yell over a generator near the campfire because someone couldn't miss their favorite sitcom. :| To each his own, I guess...

Seriously though, other years there a statement made at the morning meetings about avoiding running the generators if possible, it would be greatly appreciated by many if you could do that again. :)

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I have a battery powered generator, it's quiet.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
It is a bummer that so many familiar faces are going to be absent this year.

Not that it is any consolation, but every professional conference that I have received a email about over the last few months has delayed the "closing" of early registration for their various gatherings. It seems everyone is having problems with attendance.

Top Bottom