war child

Jan 4, 2009
1996 yz80 ...hi can some body tell me what the little part is ive found under the read valve pipe,the reed valve to carb rubber pipe, it looks like a spay can cap, the little white one where the paint comes out of on spray cans, thats what it looks like but it obviously does somthing else and the last owner has put silicone over it , it looks like it might ov had a little fuel pipe come of it it conects to the engine case below the reed valve carb pipe ,maybe the crank housing or gears, does any body know what this does and why they might ov put silicone sealant over it , thanks

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
That's most likely a crank case breather.. It shouldn't be sealed off, it should be opened, and fit with a hose that gets routed down under the engine with the carb breather tubes.

war child

Jan 4, 2009
hi what can i do bcos i cant fit a hose back to it they must of snaped the dongle off can i just peel away the silicone, also as soon as my harmonic balance puller comes im spliting bottom case is this breather cap somthing i could replace then, but dont realy want to if its ok with no hose and just a little hole, would water get in with no pipe just hole

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom