maineack bob

Jul 19, 2006
Hi at the moment i have a 2003 Dr-z 125L and it is slightly uncomfortable to ride, mostly because i am to big for the bike. What bike should i go to next i want to stay suzuki, i was thinking either a Dr-z 250 or a Rm 85L or a Rm 100. I have ridden many 2 strokes and love the feel :ride: but i hear they have alot of matience. so any ideas on which way I should go 2 or 4 stroke.

maineack bob

Jul 19, 2006
also

I was also thinking about a 125 2 stroke. I am 5'9" and about
150Lbs i have been riding scence i was six and now i am 15. All sudgestions welcome

Jun 5, 2006
definitely not an 85 or a 100, you're too big for those. it depends on what kind of riding you want to do, are u going to race, how much do you want to spend? From what you've already told me, i'd say a 125 2 stroke if you're going to be doing motocross tracks and for more wide open land. or you could go with with the drz-250 or a ttr-250 for more woods riding stuff. another possibility is a kdx 200 or 220, which is a two stroke but requires a lot less maintence compared to a 125 2t and is more aggresive than either of the 4 strokes. kdx's are also great for woods riding.

maineack bob

Jul 19, 2006
Hi. I live near a dirt pit with a track jumps etc... but i am not planning on any serious racing. I will also be doing alot of woods and trail riding. And which one the kdx 200,or the kdx 220, and does it have a power ban. and my budget is about $2500

1) your physical size i am 5'9" and 140lbs
2) How physical / aggressive are you? NOT SHURE
3) what do you plan to ride? MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends
4) Do you have any riding experience? 8 years
5) Do you think you will race? not compition, but with friends.
6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work? Yes
7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)? i perfer a 2 stroke with a good suspention
8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry? yes Suzuki,honda,kawasaki,yamaha.
9) How much do you plan to spend on a bike? from $2000 to $3000

Please help Thanks

i like the look of the moto cross bikes better than the kdx 200
but i want a bike that i can grow into. so now i am leanning more to a 125 2 stroke. or a 250 4 stroke

Last edited:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom