socaltrlrdr

May 8, 2001
Anybody know if the area si open yet? Finally finished my dual sport and want to take a journey up there...it's been awhile!!!

If it is still closed whay is the best staging spot for another area near there with similar trails(trees and single track)?

OH and who wants to go riding...... :aj:

dingoe

Feb 13, 2003
I called the USFS BigBear office the other day and they said that most of the trails are closed due to down trees and bad conditions related to the past fires and rains this fall. This was prior to all the snow in the last few weeks. I've been told that some of the routes around the northeast side of the lake are open, but lots of mud.

If you go, please let us know what you find and what is open. Next closest woods trails are some at the Phelan Ridge area, Wildomar USFS, or South in San Diego.
As far as I know.

BigBear Joe has always been the contact for Arrowhead and all, but he's in bad shape now. Due to his crash at the RHR race. He damaged C4 and C5 in his neck.
We wish him and his family the best and our prays go out to him for a speedy recover and hopefully full recover.

dingoe

Feb 13, 2003
Also, what about single track up in the Idylwild area. If your DS, you could go and ride all the routes around Fobes Ranch and all, plus there are some OHV routes up higher elevation on 243. Checkout www.mountainbikebill.com for trail info around Thomas Mtn. being DS, you may get away with riding the USFS roads up and catching some of the single track back down. herkey creek has some of the coolest single track, but I've never seen any bikes on or around that area.

Best of luck and fill us in on any areas you find.

Thanks

socaltrlrdr

May 8, 2001
Thanks Dingoe, being that I live in Palm Desert it is actually closer for me to ride up in that area.....I guess I just need to start exploring the trails in and around Idyllwild and see what I find....thanks for the info I will take a look and report back.. :aj:

Top Bottom