Where to ride and who to ride with?

a dune trip sounds good. I have been itching to go. i'm just waiting for the heat to drop a bit. let me know what you've got in mind. i've never been off a FMX jump before :yikes:

my #: 801/352-0647
email: dgm97snow@aol.com

my name is Dave

Hey,

I'm in Sandy as well and do a ton of riding (approx 20 hrs week). I usually go to Five Mile as I believe it's the best, least crowded, and offers the most variety. It is fairly extensive so keep your bearings or you could get lost easily. Especially Sunshine Canyon and up to the top. Deele is very similar but tends to be wall to wall weekend wallies Friday thru Sunday. The knolls rocks. Far better than Sahara and firm enough sand that you don't need a paddle.
As one of the other posts indicated A.F. canyon can be nice, but unless you're on a thumper you will need to re-jett, sometimes on the side of a trail at upper elevations. Also make sure you have an approved spark arrestor or you will be fined.
One other thought: The flats east of Saltair can be good if your looking for a quickie after work. Not much terrrain features though and only 2 little kickers. It's good for wide open running or checking repais for sure and only about 20 minutes from us(light traffic, if that ever happens anymore)
If you have any other ?'s hit me back. By the way, where in N. Cal were you. I lived in Santa Rosa for a while myself. Nice area. I am bringing my bike back there over Christmas and was wondering if you could suggest some good areas that are still open. KEEP ON ROOSTIN!!!

i'm from Redding. Way up north. there are tons of fun riding areas up in the mountains. the smaller areas are getting eat'n up by developers so they are dissappearing fast but the mountains are still a great place to go.

we should meet up and ride sometime, i don't know enough people who ride so i don't go as often as i would like.

- a d v e r t i s e m e n t -

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed reply, I've been out of town on business. As far as riding goes, let's do it. I currently have my bike broken down, but am hoping to have parts and to be back up an running within the next week. I'll hit you next time I go. If you have any ?'s, hit me back. Keep on roostin'.

Dave

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Cool. I'll give you guys a call when we are going somewhere.

- a d v e r t i s e m e n t -

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
BTW My phone # is 8 0 1 6 5 2 5 9 4 3

i just moved to utah a few days ago and i just bought a 04' yz450F. i used to race motox back in ohio and i was wondering where there was to ride around here i am living in roy utah. you guys talk about 5-mile and other places to ride but i still don't know how to get there. does anyone have an address for any of these places so that i can look them up on mapquest. also i want to go to the dunes soon. where are the closest dunes? thanks my phone # is 801-499-9998

Welcome to Utah!

There are a lot of options in all categories. There are 3 or 4 places for dune riding. About 20 tracks. And more trails than you could ride in twenty years if you went every weekend. In the northern area, There is a track in Ogden, one in North Salt Lake valley (jordan River Raceway State Park). Little Sahara Dunes are they largest in the state and they are west of Nephi and about 2.5 hours from you.

If you go to motoutah.com you cna get a little bit more info. We really need a good "one stop" resource for this but I havn't finished it yet ;)

-mx