rodH

Aug 17, 2005
is there a hotel or something in the area that we could stay, any other options outside of camping or staying in a motorhome??

CRF_Tom

Jun 16, 2005
No such luck

There are no motel or hotels in the area. The closest rooms would be in Coacehlla. About a 40 minute drive to O.Wells. There is a mobile home park on 78 that you could take your travel trailer to. There might be something in Westmoreland. That is about a 30 minute drive to O. Wells from the south on the 86S. I hope that helps.

rodH

Aug 17, 2005
thanks for you help!!!! I am not familiar with the riding area down there how far away is this Motel from the riding areas? How far away are the hotels in Berrago Springs from the riding areas??

rodH

Aug 17, 2005
I have been doing some research and it looks like Borrego Springs has a few hotels and that looks like it is only about 16 miles away.

CRF_Tom

Jun 16, 2005
The iron door inn looks like it is almost right across the road from Ocotillo. When are you planning on going out there?

rodH

Aug 17, 2005
CRF_Tom said:
The iron door inn looks like it is almost right across the road from Ocotillo. When are you planning on going out there?

A bunch of us are going out Nov 8-10. I've never been.

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
I've stayed at the Desert Ironwoods - a decent motel if memory serves me right. Of course, I went there in June when nobody in their right mind goes to Ocotillo, so rooms were available. I remember the doorknob getting so hot (from the sun) that I nearly burned my hand entering the room.... :whoa:

Or you could check out the La Casa Del Zorro in Borrego Springs , between $ 300 - $400 per night for a room :uh: . Fortunately, there are other (cheaper) hotels in Borrego.

Last edited:
Top Bottom