ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
April 30 Portland Trail Riders
May 07 Battle Creek

which one to attend for a guy who has never run one?? i would like to start early in the season in case i get hooked there wont be many missed opportunities this season. i ride mx, dunes , and trail. been riding all my life, am a B mx rider and as far as woods goes i have no idea, i can say this though , i have never been passed nor caught up to while trail riding anywhere . nor have i found many riders that can hang. i feel as though 2 hours at 80% my max speed would not be out of the question. just wondering what class i should go for , im sure there are alot of guys faster with more set up bikes for the application but i also dont want to sandbag

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
I rode Portland and didn't like it, but that's an old man talking too. I hear from others that Battle Creek is indeed better. Portland is 80% MX track 20% woods.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
-If you want to ride only 2 hours then enter the Z class. I liked BC, I hear that Portland in the spring is a slop fest.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Wolverine423 said:
Freddy you riding tomarrow?

DW

NO sub frame currently, Don's got it fixed I just need to get it back. Maybe next weekend. I may be going to Byron IL on April 2nd too.

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
i was under the impression 2 hours was a full race. how long is a full race??

D.LEATHERS

Jun 28, 2002
HEY FRED, THERE'S NO SLOP AT PORTLAND IT'S 90% SAND. I WOULD SUGGEST TO ELLANDOH TO START AT PORTLAND. IT SOUNDS LIKE HE HAS RIDDEN A LOT OF MX. OUR TRACK IS MORE LIKE 90% MX AND 10% WOODS. IT IS A SHORT COURSE APPROX. 3 TO 3.5 MILES. A LOT OF THE OLDER GUYS DON'T LIKE OUR TRACK BECAUSE OF ALL THE JUMPS, BUT WE ALWAYS ROUTE AROUND THE MORE TECHNICAL ONES. I'M 45 AND I STILL LIKE TO GET AIR AND MOTO, BUT I'VE BEEN A MEMBER AND RIDING PORTLAND FOR 25+ YEARS. THE GREAT THING ABOUT THE HARESCRAMBLES IN MICH. IS THE VARIETY OF TRACKS TO RIDE. MY HEART IS AT PORTLAND BUT MY FAVORITE TRACK IS PROBABLY BATTLE CREEK, WITH POLKA DOTS A CLOSE 2nd, BUT THE CONDITIONS HAVE TO BE PERFECT AT BOTH PLACES, NOT TO WET OR TO DRY. I TO HAVE BECOME A FAIR WEATHER RIDER. IF THE WEATHER HOLDS WE WILL PROBABLY BE RIDING AT PORTLAND IN A WEEK OR TWO I CAN'T WAIT, CLOSE TO HOME AND WET SAND IT DON'T GET NO BETTER. SEE YA!!!
DAVE.

D.LEATHERS

Jun 28, 2002
Hey Ellandoh,
They Have Lot's Of Different Classes You Can Run. Iwould Suggest Going To The D-14 Harescrambles Web Site Or Call Me I've Been Riding Ama/d-14 Harescrambles For 25+ Years And Would Be More Than Happy To Share My Information With You. I Am Typing Challanged And Would Rather Talk On The Phone. My Home # 517-626-9900 When I'm Not On The P/c My Cell# 517-712-9442. Feel Free To Give Me A Call.
Dave Leathers.

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
that should do it , ill see ya'll at portland. just the matter of a class i should go for?? and anything else i should know

Top Bottom