gooby

Nov 8, 2001
well goes without sayin clean it really good,dry it with an air,lube and oil everything.drain tank and carb put it on a box both tires off the floor.i found the fogging oil i use for my polaris sled is also a great rust inhibitor on the surface.keeps it from aluminum oxidizing ,other metals too.... great stuff, i spray it in the motor too.plug the silencer and air box so mice don't make a home there.moth balls spread about keeps them away .cover up baby till spring.in my case i also do mods and service in the off season so the cover doesn't stay on much lol.

KdxChode

Jun 18, 2001
I just rip mine up the street every week or two. i don't have to do any winterizing and the KDX is happy. The only thing with this method is the fuel gets old. I drain the tank at the start of summer and put some fresh stuff in before hitting the trail.

BRush

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2000
Originally posted by toalco-kdx
A quick question.
What do you do to winterize your bikes?
Thanks

I install a set of Trelleborg studded tires, freshen up the anti-freeze, and ride as often as possible! :)

kdxtaz

~SPONSOR~
Mar 29, 2002
I feel for you guys that have to put your bikes away in the winter. :whiner: One of the nice things about California is year 'round ridin' and winter's the best time! :yeehaw:

fatty_k

~SPONSOR~
Jul 3, 2001
Originally posted by toalco-kdx
A quick question.
What do you do to winterize your bikes?
Thanks

Strip her down to her frame and get her ready for next season! Theres always something that needs to be greased, replaced, or added. Or like BRush said, stud up some tires, fatten up the jetting, and show some snowmobilers what REAL men do in the winter! (Sorry Dennis) :thumb:

Top Bottom