with all of us local utah riders...

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
I am ashamed we have not all set up a place to go riding together. It sounds like a great time for all of us to try each others bikes.

There has to be a reasonable place we could all get together at, right?

I ride the Jordan river track quite a bit. I also liek desert peaks.

I have been riding the Delle area for 32 years. I know that area fairly well.....great overnite bonfires available there.

Do you guys have anything in mind? I drive a van overflowing with tools and welders. There should be no mechanical issues as long as my van is there. I also have a trailer if someone has no way to transport theit machine.

MX-727

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 4, 2000
We ran into a few women at Jordan River on Thursday and they want to start a women's ride on Thursday nights. Since Robin and Haley want to be a part of that, I'll probably end up there on Thursdays.

I guess we should see about setting up a Utah chapter and get a chapter forum. Can we do that Okie? I'll mod it if no one else wants to.

motoxpress

~SPONSOR~
Oct 22, 2001
You were there thursday? What time and what were you riding? I was there from 4-7:30. Maroon suburban with an '02 YZ 250 w/ blk excels and and an '02 KX 250. Both without numbers.

I like Jordan although, I don't like the recent changes. They totally ruined the stepup lip(if you can call it that) and I wish they had left the only double on the track instead of making another table.

I had heard that the state was looking for someone to take the managment of the facility out of their hands again.

I would love to meet up with some of you folks, although I can't guarentee that I will be worthy ;)

MX

MX-727

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 4, 2000
We were there from 10-3. Just got back from there again today.

The paving is done and the pits are great. No dust, easy to work on the bike without dropping parts in the dirt and the pit racers have slowed down on the pavement.

Chris is doing a great job out there. He really wants to improve the place. He has put in a bike wash and wants to add an air station with a tire chuck and an air blow-gun.

He knows that many people don't think the track is hard enough, but he wants it to be fun and safe for a wide range of people. I like it because I can take my family and friends who aren't that comfortable at a place like Tooele or Posey's. We talked about the two step-ups, they're the most technically challenging things there. I've can do them but I've got to hit it just right. I've noticed that the big four-strokes do them the best.

Check my picture page for pictures of the bike, family and trailer. That's what we look like when we are there. :)

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
] I will help however I can!

I am good at refrigeration, easy plumbing.

However, if you guys show me a piece of wood and ask me to make something out of it, I will go down the street and fly model airplanes.

I have another friend I can commit to that.  ,amy of us are inside the police department.   We should have no law enforcement hastles....

Do you want my phone number? Lets talk about this!

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
Originally posted by MX-727
We ran into a few women at Jordan River on Thursday and they want to ]

These ldies will kick my butt. Most of them ride really well. Can I have a head start if I ride with them?

jski

Sponsoring Member
Apr 5, 2001
If you wouldn't mind I would like to go riding as well. I almost always ride desert or at the dunes but would like to ride tracks again. About Posey's I live about a mile down the road and am not sure if it is still open to the public? The last time I was there about 8 months ago they wanted everyone not only to pay to ride but buy a membership which was alittle expensive given the condition of the track.

MX-727

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 4, 2000
Their neighbors have played heck with them. I think the plan is for them to be open on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Kip has vowed to keep the track groomed. The layout was changed for the Tucker Rocky Dealer day last week and the track was in great condition.

I'm not sure of the planned cost or membership. One of the reasons they changed it last year was because the honor system failed miserably. Only about a third of the riders would stop, register and put money in the envelope. :(

Utah riders are spoiled with the low cost of riding. Posey's was $10 and Tooele, Jordan River and Delta were all $5. I bet the Cali riders just choked. :)

jski

Sponsoring Member
Apr 5, 2001
Thanks,

I might have to stop by again. Yeah, I have been to a few of the City Council meetings and heard the complaints ranging from the dust to the noise all of which were unfounded. The State did come out and do a noise study among other things and from what I undstand the State told the city that the noise from the track was actually less then the road noise from the trucks.

Jim

MX-727

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 4, 2000
We stopped at the new driveway right next to the neighbor's house. There were some fast riders (Walwork and Kip for example) on the track, so you know they were on it. The bikes were almost hard to hear. Not nearly as loud as what most people in the suburbs hear when their neighbors mow the lawn or run a weedeater.

I bet we need to move this to the Places to Ride Forum fairly soon. :)

motoxpress

~SPONSOR~
Oct 22, 2001
Have you guys been out to the track in Fairfield? It's built by a contruction guy who has a kid who he is encouraging to race. It's a pretty good track and he keeps it pretty well groomed.

I am planning to be back at Jordan on Thursday probably in the afternoon. Hope to see some of you guys out there so you can school me ;)

MX(Gotta get a subsription so, I can keep track of this forum)

Top Bottom