326mx

Mar 25, 2002
Well yesterday I was excited all morning... I was goin riding at Casey.

Well the time to leave came so I loaded my stuff and then picked up my friend and off we went. We arrived, unloaded the bikes and proceeded to do pre-ride bike maintenace(sp?).

So we started to ride. First we headed off to the Euro track to some play riding such as clearing small puddles, wheelies and small cliffs. Now, my bike with new tires is hooking up incredibly... Absolutely awesome. Also I think that yesterday my bike felt amazing. The power felt great as did the suspension.

Then we headed to the track. Earlier in the day it rained for an hour so the track was super tacky. And there were zero ruts. Just small loam berms everywhere. Also it drizzled the entire time we were there so it stayed great.

Well anyway I started to ride and in few laps I was visibly faster. Well I got more and more comfortable on my bike and there was the double into downhill(this jump was lengthened recently) staring me in the face, a challenge. I was like what the heck. So I accelerated out of the corner and got it pinned in fourth then shifted in to six and chopped it up the face...

Well I landed it smoothly front wheel first and rode down the hill. I was simply astonished with myself but I didn't get overly cocky. So I continued to ride and people there were telling me I was getting faster before their eyes. I was the happiest I have ever been. Also now I am clearing everything I really try to now with my new found confidence.

And back to that double I tried many ways of going off of it such as half throttle in fifth and such. I found that chopping the throttle in sixth was the best for me with my new found love of air as it launches you higher.

Then before I left someone I had seen many times before stopped me and asked for a two lap race. I was bewildered because I had been in awe of this rider. And the best part was then I held him off for half a lap. Then I stayed with him too. Now I have another riding buddy. In my book this was a great day.

See ya at the races!!!

Oh yeah, on a side note is anyone racing the in the series race at LTM this weekend??

A more confident and exuberant Jason reporting.

Last edited:
Top Bottom