Works Connection rad braces; tight fit???

wanaride

~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2003
I just received some WC rad braces for a 95-02 KDX 200/220. According to the WC web site, these braces SHOULD fit my 03 KDX 200.

Well, they don't, at least not easily. The right brace hole that is supposed to attach to the overflow tank is at least 1/2" from the actual overflow tank hole. I have to shove the radiator up HARD to get the holes to line up. :think:

Is this the way it is supposed to be? It seems like this would subject the radiator to continual stress, and I can't imagine that is a good thing. Has anyone else ran into this problem?

gooby

Nov 8, 2001
I remember with mine 99,i had to push fwd to get that bolt in too.Thought my rads might have been a tad out of place to begin with though.All in all they fit pretty good,no real trouble?

skipro3

Mod Ban
Dec 14, 2002
Mine was the same. I'm guessing that my radiator mounts were bent slightly at some point in the past. I used a block of wood and a 2.5lb sledge hammer to tap the mounting point on the frame until the WC braces could be made to fit.

JCW

~SPONSOR~
Jan 23, 2003
I just put them on my 03 KDX 200 and they fit perfectly. It did not take 10 minutes to put them on. Have you fallen on your bike and possibly bent something? Assuming you got the right part, it should fit easily.

Good Luck
JCW

wanaride

~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2003
Thanks guys, that's reassuring, at least I know I'm not the only one. But this is a new bike and I didn't expect this much trouble. Yes, I've fell on it a few times but the radiators haven't been damaged or bent as best as I can tell.

Oh well, I guess I'll just have to force it. Anybody else had the same experience?

Midhigh

~SPONSOR~
Jul 19, 2002
My WC braces fit tight as well. I din't have to force anything, but they did fit very snug and tight. I liked it, however, it looked as if it helped truly brace the rad. in place, thus saving it from any side impact.

speedyts49

~SPONSOR~
Jul 4, 2002
Does anyone have a photo of the radiator braces? Are they made of aluminum? I may be interested in some since I tend to fall down once in awhile.
tom

Midhigh

~SPONSOR~
Jul 19, 2002
Dennis Kirk or Rocky Mountain has pictures in the catalog or on their web site. Aluminium, I believe so, they are very light weight. I love mine. I did the frame guards and skid plate as well.

wanaride

~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2003
OK, I spoke to a tech at Works Connection and they told me that Kawasaki did make a slight change in radiator overflow tank position on the '03. The change was enough to require WC to come out with a new brace for the '03.

Top Bottom