Danny Stein

Nov 12, 2002
Hi all KDX'ers I have a quick question concerning the instalation of my skid plate. Well When I got the skid plate and read the directions, it stated to slide the factory foam in between the plate and the cases. This seemed a bit weird to me considering when you trail ride for a long period of time 40-45 miles, the heat generated from the cases would melt the foam. So I just did not use the foam on instalation just bolted the four easy brackets with some medium thread lock tite. Any help to this would be greatly appreciated on this matter, or just tell me to skip that process all together meaning the foam between the cases & skid plate. I plan on going on a pretty lengthy ride on Sunday trying to get the KDX rocket all up to par to smoke my buddies on their quads!LOL. Thanks again for all the support keep on KDX'n

RIRider

Sep 16, 1999
The foam is to keep any debris from getting caught up between the cases and the skid plate. I never had any foam between mine. Although I do get some leaves, sticks etc it easily washes out when cleaning the bike.

Speedy

Nov 12, 2001
Ive got the WC skid plate and i didnt put the foam in either. I dont care if stuff gets stuck up in there cause i can just hose it out. Either way, its a great product!

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
The foam won't melt...things don't get that hot.

My works plate didn't come with foam...if it had I probably wouldn't have used it.

Seems easier to me to clean the junk out without the foam than with it...and guaranteed that even WITH the foam installed there is still going to be junk stuck between the plate and the engine.

Don't worry about it.

imo

Danny Stein

Nov 12, 2002
Thanks for all your help guys I think I'll just leave the foam off make life easier that way thanks again for all your help and keep on KDX'n.

RJ-KDX

~SPONSOR~
Aug 12, 2002
Come on, don't you guys read the moto mags, or at least look at the pictures. The foam keeps the mud out; more mud=more weight. I cut mine in two pieces and stuff them in the front of the skid plate. Works great.

FWIW....... :yeehaw:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom